Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

So you want to get your point across by rubbing in my face again?

If that's what it takes to get you to stop prolifically posting about and vehemently defending poor analysis and wrong ideas, yes. Being subtle and respectfully correcting doesnt work. What do you suggest I do? 

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

How we doing?

I am gonna research what must be done to appease Jobu so balt city stops getting the snow hole for the area. 

congrats to all who hit this one. The pics are beautiful.

I refuse to look at the radar. For all I know I might be on the back edge, but knowing that would ruin it. I wish I hadn't seen the mesos this morning, as they didn't look too good for here. I just hope I can get a solid coating to an inch. And yeah congrats to the usual people in the favored places.

Just now, CAPE said:

I refuse to look at the radar. For all I know I might be on the back edge, but knowing that would ruin it. I wish I hadn't seen the mesos this morning, as they didn't look too good for here. I just hope I can get a solid coating to an inch. And yeah congrats to the usual people in the favored places.

I can’t even record any accumulation. This one is a T. When it does snow, melts on impact.

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Yeah. Every time I see “dynamic rates for cooling “ in a disco I make it a horcrux and place a piece of my soul in it.

It can work out, but this storm ended up a bit weaker and also trended SE. I guess the GFS was on to it.

I have the the rates now. Just need to keep this for about 3 hours to get some decent results. Temp right at 32 now.

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Thanks Katie! Used an ArcGIS site to create my own map from previously made shapefiles. Lots of awesome stuff on that website. I saved my map for future use too :)

ArcGIS Online? If so, I use that all the time. 

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Hello old neighbor!  I used to live in that exact area until I moved to Fairfax a few months ago... snowing pretty well here right now

Hi Yoda,

I think we may have exchanged notes about this a few years ago - can't remember.  

In W-Spfld we lived right behind the Cary Building and the middle school on Ole Keene Mill near Carleigh Pkwy.  We lived there 5 years from 97 until 2002 when we went overseas.  When we came back in NOVA in 2005 we moved to Vienna for a couple of reasons.  Then finally moved again to where we are now just NW of Vienna.  Just a little better climate here being N of 66 and every bit helps!  haha 

Enjoy the snow!  We all needed this and snow is snow!  

Take care, Rob   

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic