• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

I do find it entertaining that people see a once a decade paste job on the NAM and then are crushed it doesn’t happen right over their yard.  I’ve lived in this area since 2009 and a paste job with massive rates that overcame dog poop temps and delivered big totals only worked out once, in 2011.  I’ve seen it on the models many times though. 

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

I do find it entertaining that people see a once a decade paste job on the NAM and then are crushed it doesn’t happen right over their yard.  I’ve lived in this area since 2009 and a paste job with massive rates that overcame dog poop temps and delivered big totals only worked out once, in 2011.  I’ve seen it on the models many times though. 

People are probably just salty the NAM is being so mean. Gave our snow away to Scranton to Binghamton in December. Gave our snow to west of PA last weekend. A certain red tagger in crowing about how awesome the NAM is now. And when it finally does look to lead the way to a large event here, it reverts to being its old self.

I’m one of the dumbest people on this board but 47 degrees with dews in the mid 20s less than 10 hours before honest usually means bust around here. I saw the sounding, and I get people are relying on it. I’m just going off 50 years of living here instead. Hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

I’m one of the dumbest people on this board but 47 degrees with dews in the mid 20s less than 10 hours before honest usually means bust around here. I saw the sounding, and I get people are relying on it. I’m just going off 50 years of living here instead. Hope I’m wrong.

DC proper will likely do awful with this. White rain all the way. There ain’t enough grass there lol, well except for all the hippies smokin it 

16 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

The high temp today isn't really relevant.

It is currently 37 here with a dp of 26. I have seen plenty of snow events start with temps in the mid to upper 30s. 

Just now, stormtracker said:

It is what it is.  It's not looking good, but certain posters here have singlehandedly brought down the mood of the board.  This place is a funeral with people picking the rigor'd meat off the carcass.     

Should I even bother looking at the thread?

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

It is what it is.  It's not looking good, but certain posters here have singlehandedly brought down the mood of the board.  This place is a funeral with people picking the rigor'd meat off the carcass.     

And..it is actually going to snow. I don't see a single model or forecast that suggests otherwise.

Just now, mappy said:

Should I ever bother looking at the thread?

No.  Trust me.   I can summarize without the doom scrolling:   Models are drier.  Surface is kinda torchy (which models showed), but areas to the south reporting quick flip.   Model comes in with a 2 mile shift SE and there is wholly exaggerated dooming again.    More likely than not we come up short.

Basically a normal mid Atlantic storm.

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

No.  Trust me.   I can summarize without the doom scrolling:   Models are drier.  Surface is kinda torchy (which models showed), but areas to the south reporting quick flip.   Model comes in with a 2 mile shift SE and there is wholly exaggerated dooming again.    More likely than not we come up short.

Basically a normal mid Atlantic storm.

lol thanks. It’s going to snow though so I’m not sure I understand the doom and gloom. 

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m going to go into double digits for the season tomorrow. That’s a win.

Nice man! 

Just now, CAPE said:

Blame snow maps. Or model uncertainty. Oh the horror. Always messing with my emotions. What can't these blasted things be perfect.

Eventually people will learn not to get their hopes up based on clown maps. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic