Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

22 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Woke up to winter storm warning?  Really?

I was in Newark (DE) last night and the roads were brined.  Quite annoying too at night seeing all the tiny droplets appear on the windscreen needing to use washer/wipers every 10 min or so.  Car probably will turn white on the sides before the snow LOL.

I am convinced the brine lobby has swindled our state. The damage to our roads cars and environment isnt worth whatever benefit we are getting from pre treatment.

2 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

I am convinced the brine lobby has swindled our state. The damage to our roads cars and environment isnt worth whatever benefit we are getting from pre treatment.

It needs to stop immediately. It is harmful which you mentioned, and it actually makes roads worse for drivers. It may help plowers but all it does for drivers is turn the first snow that falls into slush which is much harder to drive in than just plain snow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Waffles do sound good.  You deserve waffles for all you do here. Hopefully the mesos don’t “waffle”...See what I did there

The fact Midland doesn't have a Waffle House astounds me. I'd be there today if I had one. We do have a BOMB pancake house that makes literally everything from scratch. A little pricey but the taste is 5* breakfast. I oblige every now and then with the wife on weekend mornings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Must've snowed a lot there

It’s hard to say because of wind. In areas more sheltered it looks like about a foot on the ground. Could be more but I don’t care enough to check. It is snowing this morning but a lot of this came from the last storm. Of course it’s a different world here. Ground has been snow covered since early December 

Pretty cool how some can't post without adding the words problem or but...it's simply ingrained in their fingers. The Baltimore guy on the other hand seems like a nice dude but has a negative tone for the most part. Believe it or not there is a way to deliver bad news without coming off always negative...I'm sure some don't even know that's how they are but some do.;)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic