Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Seems like every mini torch all season has been muted . Mby finally hit 50 for the 1st time since early December this past week.  Took the GN out for a cruise too but it's still winter and if the last 5 weeks are any indicator there will be more chances ahead .

Same could be said for every cold shot modeled this winter. It hasn’t been a torch winter even in the cities by any means but the cold really never showed up as modeled either. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Same could be said for every cold shot modeled this winter. It hasn’t been a torch winter even in the cities by any means but the cold really never showed up as modeled either. 

Absolutely. Was never able to push east of the Appalachians. Base of trough just stayed a bit west and I guess southeast ridge helped. We were modeled for some pretty intense cold throughout mid to late Jan and into early feb that never showed up. 

12 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Absolutely. Was never able to push east of the Appalachians. Base of trough just stayed a bit west and I guess southeast ridge helped. We were modeled for some pretty intense cold throughout mid to late Jan and into early feb that never showed up. 

Oh it showed up. The TPV location just ruined it for our area and kept it over the plains and upper mid west. Chicago has been very cold for almost 2 months and that cold in Texas that broke their infrastructure was modeled to be ours a week beforehand.

The lack of snow in the dc bal metros isn’t that simple however. If that dominating Arctic air did take aim at us instead of the Plains, we wouldn’t have had storm take track after track to our SE. Suppression would have been the name of the game and we would have said congrats to Richmond and the Carolinas all season long. 

Nothing ever quite timed up correctly this year. It’s a shame - because it had the opportunity to be an epic Niña winter. 

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Bolded I'm confused lol

The past 4 weeks here has been the snowiest stretch since my family moved here in 88 that I can remember as far as frequency.  It's been storm after storm with hit after hit ( light, moderate)for much of the mid Atlantic.  Some areas just had horrific luck unfortunately locally. 

I think the point just was it was a slop fest for most of us. We just couldn’t get the cold and moisture to time up for a nice pure snow. I understand y’all did well up there but south + east of the fall line, not so much. We were either too warm, or didn’t get the banding necessary to get good rates + moisture. 

Looks like a potentially significant flooding event for W Md and the high ground of eastern WV tomorrow.  Couple inches of rain and temps in the 50's with all the liquid contained in that snowpack is gonna raise the rivers and creeks dramatically.  Good day to chase waterfalls, but hopefully not a bad one for some of those valley towns.  From the FFW:. 

...Periods of moderate to heavy rain may fall on a deep primed snowpack leading to increasing melt. Flows in rivers may increase quickly and reach critical levels...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, CAPE said:

44 with light rain.

Need an underperformer here. My driveway is sunken muck.

I wont be mad if the upcoming week into next weekend ends up cold and dry, with some wind. We always do wind well, but even that has been lacking lately.

Gonna be a soggy day for sure. Shouldn’t get any crazy heavy rain but varying showers all day. Definitely a day to maybe sit inside at the brewery and have a couple of good stouts while it’s still stout season:D

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mappy said:

now that the majority of my snow is gone, its mud season. which means dirty god damn paw prints everywhere. 

Fortunately my dog refuses to go in the grass when it’s wet. She just goes on the concrete drive way pad lol. Easier on the house but not fun to step in when walking to get to the Jeep haha 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic