Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2021

George BM

4 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

just to reiterate - it's looking likely that DCA will go 1,000+ days (at least) of no temp below 23F.  I would imagine even most gulf coast stations have recorded a temp that low in that time frame.

That's honestly the biggest fail of all. Since the late Jan 2019 cold outbreak the core of basically every arctic blast has been to the west of us, or nowhere at all. I'd imagine part of the cold busting this weekend is also because not many areas in and near DC retained any form of snow/sleet cover from the Thursday system. 

In any case, 35 degrees here in McLean. Still some patches of snow on the ground near shade, some of which have been around since Jan 31st. It's pretty rare to keep snow patches around like that for that long here, especially considering that we've had more days above 50 these past 3 weeks than nights below 20. Interesting stuff.

I had to go to York PA today and it was amazing how much warmer it was and less snow they have then here.  Crazy difference even north of here once you get off Parrs Ridge. It was 28 here and 34 in York.  It was noticeable as soon as I got out of the higher elevation area along the border. 

What it looks like here 

Zll5d1s.jpg

ruh448G.jpg

York PA

lMeSEzp.jpg

LisuOOt.jpg

Took the kids sledding today also.  You can see my house on top the ridge in the background.  
BXOn3jF.jpg

2yQsT3w.jpg

My street was finally clear enough for me to take my normal evening walk...

dDwCToe.jpg

dspExyq.jpg

dq8U8eY.jpg

odNI7Ly.jpg

• Like 17

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic