Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Discobs 2021

George BM

31 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Snow cover, cold advection, and mostly clear skies results in an incredibly pedestrian low of 25. 

Snuck down to 24 before sunrise 

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

25 here as well, although there has been a fair amount of cloud cover.

Still not had a temp below 20 this winter. Tonight's forecast low is 18. I'll take the over.

I’m  very curious about tonight. If we can’t get in the teens tonight? Jeez...

34 minutes ago, CAPE said:

25 here as well, although there has been a fair amount of cloud cover.

Still not had a temp below 20 this winter. Tonight's forecast low is 18. I'll take the over.

Just seems like we can't get any cold this winter. It's been pretty frustrating especially when the deep south is buried in snow and cold. I need cold to kill cut worms in my soil. This year is going to be bad.

Bone chilling 25 degrees lol 

23 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Just seems like we can't get any cold this winter. It's been pretty frustrating especially when the deep south is buried in snow and cold. I need cold to kill cut worms in my soil. This year is going to be bad.

Bone chilling 25 degrees lol 

I will be ordering mosquito larvacide in the next week. My wetland is as wet as I have seen for this time of year, and with no super cold air this winter, if we get a week of 50s in March(good bet) they will be doing their thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I will be ordering mosquito larvacide in the next week. My wetland is as wet as I have seen for this time of year, and with no super cold air this winter, if we get a week of 50s in March(good bet) they will be doing their thing. 

Absolutely. I'm surrounded by lots of forest land that's full of creeks and marsh. I've also never seen it this waterlogged this time of year. I'm almost scared of what's coming this spring. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Absolutely. I'm surrounded by lots of forest land that's full of creeks and marsh. I've also never seen it this waterlogged this time of year. I'm almost scared of what's coming this spring. 

The source for me is almost completely on the back side of my property, and is maybe an acre of area at its most expansive, so as long as I do the work in early Spring, I can pretty much mitigate an awful summer of skeeters. It usually dries up by early summer.  Last year I did get the late summer tiger bastards, but that was a function of the incredible above normal wet period we had east of I-95.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The source for me is almost completely on the back side of my property, and is maybe an acre of area at its most expansive, so as long as I do the work in early Spring, I can pretty much mitigate an awful summer of skeeters. It usually dries up by early summer.  Last year I did get the late summer tiger bastards, but that was a function of the incredible above normal wet period we had east of I-95.

You should move out here to the Shenandoah desert.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Those tiger mosquitos are awful, and totally unavoidable in a suburban neighborhood like mine. We literally don’t go outside in our yard in the summer and they still follow us the house 

Just now, IUsedToHateCold said:

Those tiger mosquitos are awful, and totally unavoidable in a suburban neighborhood like mine. We literally don’t go outside in our yard in the summer and they still follow us the house 

Yeah it's nearly impossible to eradicate all the small areas where water sits in that setting. If you want to try to in your yard, other than the dunkers, this is the pro stuff-

https://www.domyown.com/altosid-prog-mosquito-larvicide-p-243.html

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic