Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2021

George BM

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looks like Deep Creek got 0.25” of ice last night.  Temp at the house rose to 33 shortly after midnight but shortly dropped afterwards.  Currently 18 with snow showers.  

I'm tired of shoveling! Kids love the snow piles though. We ventured out to Swallow Falls over the weekend, it was great and not crowded at all.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

• Like 12

So, I ALMOST saw the sun at noon, but nope. High was about an hour after 7 am CoCoRaHS report with a 35.1 degree reading. Has fell since and increasing the drop, just lost 4 degrees in 20 minutes to a current, well, it just fell again to 23.8 from 24.1 while typing with a few flurries in the NW 11 gusting 23 mph winds. WC 12.8 degrees currently. I remember seeing 43 for a forecasted high this am......

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Wut sun. Cloudy all day. Mid 40s for the high. Maybe this bodes well for the coming storm. Need the baro to climb to at least 30.39 and precip to break out near TN

Ugh. Sun was out through midday up my way, clouded over a bit but cleared out when the winds picked up. Nice sunset tonight behind broken clouds. Cold out now and blustery 

• Like 1

Temp dropped from 46 to 39 between 4:30-5 p.m. when the front came through here...along, of course, with winds picking up. Also, I could swear I saw mammatus clouds at the edge of the front as it approached the Potomac. Is it possible to have mammatus clouds in this kind of frontal setup? I've only noticed them associated with severe wx in our area.

36 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ugh. Sun was out through midday up my way, clouded over a bit but cleared out when the winds picked up. Nice sunset tonight behind broken clouds. Cold out now and blustery 

When you said winds picked up I was also like “wut winds?”  Then temp dropped and it got gusty. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

Beautiful clouds looking east over the Potomac this evening.

Yes -- you picked up similar cloud formations just above the treeline in your pic. I tried to catch the mammatus-like clouds (center right) trailing the edge of the front as it was passing through two hours ago. Just felt odd to me...like I said, I usually notice these sorts of formations when we have squall lines going through in warmer weather.

PXL_20210216_222420871_2a.thumb.jpg.23677261b3437151ff352ddf866d8650.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I just noticed my rain gauge says 1.25" I forgot about the snow/sleet/ice caked on there that melted in the last 2 days. I think I probably got 0.6" or so last night. It poured for a while.

Was 31 and pouring when I went to bed at 11 

19 now.  Windy and cloudy so will only get down to 13.  

This has been a cold Feb here...about -3....But we havent really seen any super cold.  It's just been persistent highs of upper 20s to mid 30s, and lows in the low 20s.  And Cloudy 80-90% of the time.  My lowest temp since I got here is 13.  And I was only in the teens one other night. And my low max  is 26.  I have a shot at single digits this weekend.  But only for a night or two. 

6 hours ago, Deck Pic said:

19 now.  Windy and cloudy so will only get down to 13.  

This has been a cold Feb here...about -3....But we havent really seen any super cold.  It's just been persistent highs of upper 20s to mid 30s, and lows in the low 20s.  And Cloudy 80-90% of the time.  My lowest temp since I got here is 13.  And I was only in the teens one other night. And my low max  is 26.  I have a shot at single digits this weekend.  But only for a night or two. 

You’ll find that it’s cloudy out here most of the time in winter. It’s weird. You often can see the edge of the cloud deck to the south and east and it will just sit there all day.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic