Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Discobs 2021

George BM

Just now, chris21 said:

Still have full coverage in my yard in nw. Hard to keep snowcover downtown.

yeah the mall has tons of open areas with limited tree cover - they get torched.

on some side streets you still have some snow in planters on the sidewalk and open space that is under the shade of buildings still has snow.

16 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Apparently Jarretsville/Fallston got a little snow and a little slush build up in the last hour. Snow plow guy I forecast for sent me a couple pictures of pavement slush. Nothing crazy but enough for him to sling a little salt I guess 

Can confirm.  Cars coated, pavement a bit slushy from flakes and pingers.  If things were normal they'd probably run schools 2 hours late.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GATECH said:

55 and gorgeous out...went on a walk...just had my hip replaced 2 weeks ago so that was no small feat.

Congratulations on the successful surgery and really glad that you're up and about.  I fixed your post because I was initially confused.  I mean, of course you're up and about if they gave you an additional foot. ;)

Just kidding and seriously, congrats.  I've never had one but know those that have, and hip surgeries are no fun.

Sunny and 50.  Beautiful out there.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Congratulations on the successful surgery and really glad that you're up and about.  I fixed your post because I was initially confused.  I mean, of course you're up and about if they gave you an additional foot. ;)

Just kidding and seriously, congrats.  I've never had one but know those that have, and hip surgeries are no fun.

Sunny and 50.  Beautiful out there.

Lol, thanks, yes feat!  Been a pretty good experience, first week was rough but getting exponentially better with each day.  Hope we avoid ice next week, that would be no fun on my new hip, plus my other one has to be replaced too (bad genes apparently), so walking is an adventure.

When the hips went bad, I became a walking barometer, bad remaining one is beginning to act up, storm on the way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, WVclimo said:

6:00 p.m. snow depth in my yard

Sun 1/31- 5.0”

Mon 2/1- 9.0”

Tue 2/2-  9.0”

Wed 2/3- 6.0”

Thu 2/4-  5.0”

Fri 2/5- 4.0”

Hit a high of 50 today, but not much damage done to the snow pack.  Finding measurements of 3”, 4” and 5” around the yard.  4” most common.

fantastic day in the mid 50s here in the District - you can smell spring right on the horizon.

the Mall and all the open space has been a refuge for my 2yr-old daughter and me during the pandemic.  Today, she asked the Washington Monument (which she claims is hers) what its favorite food was.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic