Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

I'm my yearly avg short of that at 33.9"  lol

I know that our criteria for what constitutes a decent winter is basically the same but in terms of snowfall, it doesn't seem like you are that far behind at just under have your average.  Retention has been a different story though.

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

I know that our criteria for what constitutes a decent winter is basically the same but in terms of snowfall, it doesn't seem like you are that far behind at just under have your average.  Retention has been a different story though.

What retention? :lol:

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

What retention? :lol:

That was story early on here too.  At least that has changed.  My location has been fringed by the bigger storms but there haven't really been any big negative busts either so we are doing ok.  Enough snow to ride from the house although its thin in spots, especially in softwood stands. On the way home from the store just now, I had to stop for the groomer to cross the road before I turned into my driveway so things are getting better.

This was a pretty fun storm. Usually on weekends I'll stay at a friend's house in Bethel and my plan was to drive into Branford Monday morning. I was actually considering getting a hotel room Sunday night but thought I'd be fine leaving like 6:30 AM Monday. Woke up at 6 and there was already about 3-4'' of snow on the road so I just worked remote...worked remote yesterday too. Actually probably got another 3-4'' yesterday from off and on snow. Winds were pretty crazy. 

6 hours ago, Thunderblizzard said:

Just a dusting from that, not too different from this morning. 15.8" remains the total... not a chance that 20.5" report on PNS happened.

I'm not feeling some of the 7" reports near here and the 5" in East Windsor while 12" was the BDL total and Springfield  was general 10-11.  Something seems off.  

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Measured half inch of Jspin fluff. 

Yea, here in Chelsea there is a solid coating...nothing at home.

Man, this last event is the gift that keeps on giving....still admiring how once you hit I-495, you can see the snow caked onto everything due to the cf, but it doesn't start impacting accumulations until you hit 128. Beyond 495, its just drifted powder at home.

Love a good round of naked twister with the CF.

56 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, here in Chelsea there is a solid coating...nothing at home.

Man, this last event is the gift that keeps on giving....still admiring how once you hit I-495, you can see the snow caked onto everything due to the cf, but it doesn't start impacting accumulations until you hit 128. Beyond 495, its just drifted powder at home.

Love a good round of naked twister with the CF.

Time for a CJ. Looks like near 3" total QPF here too. System was juiced.