Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I finished with 17 as well, though my "new depth" was more like 15.5.....you prob beat me by an inch or two if you measured new depth of 17. Your area looked slightly better than me last night.

BTW I saw a pic from a coworker in Millis and they literally got like 7" of slime. I cannot believe that gradient. They are like 5-7 miles from me....lol

Great storm dude, nice!  Accelerated up past my snow depth of 15” in about 12 hours lol.

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Shawnee peak area/Bridgton to Sunday River over to Phin is getting smoked

Feb2_130pmRadar.gif

Is that all snow or is there some graupel/ice or something mixed in those heavier echoes?

Also isn’t that Tamarack’s hood?  He’s had a rougher winter than most, hope he’s getting smoked. 

22 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

15.9" here...apparently 24"  two miles away in Lowell and 20"+ one mile away in Wilmington :D

Just measured 18 inches in mby so given the compaction I believe close to 20 was attainable. I live in North Wilmington close to 93.

5 hours ago, geo1 said:

Just measured 18 inches in mby so given the compaction I believe close to 20 was attainable. I live in North Wilmington close to 93.

I know because  that 20" amount was taken close to 2:30 AM this morning. With Bedford at about 18.0", Acton at 21.8", Methuen at 18.3" and Lowell at 20.1",  and the way that Coastal Front behaved, those amounts seem pretty spot on.

East Acton              21.8   700 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Hudson                 20.9   659 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Littleton              20.4   805 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  LOWELL                 20.1   836 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  Wilmington             20.0   221 AM  2/02  General Public
  Dracut                 19.6   737 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Tewksbury              19.5   635 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  Townsend               18.2   931 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  burlington             18.2  1131 PM  2/01  Trained Spotter
  WInchester             18.2   744 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter

Just finished cleaning everything outside (cars driveway walk deck etc).....what a ridiculous pack this is. Total depth is around 18" and it has some MEAT to it. We basically had the equivaent of sheet drizzle (except it was snizzle that accumulated a few tenths) all morning that just added in liquid equivalent into the pack without really changing it. All the paste froze just enough to cling to everything with temps hovering around 29-30F after the CF sunk back SE around 4am.

Too bad the currier and ives stuff doesn't look like much now. It would be perfect to get a couple inches of fluff on top. But who knows, ULL to our south typically unpredictable so maybe some bands delivers for a large area.

• Like 2