Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

12 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

U got 4?!?

4” is being Generous.  That’s Generous!  There’s not even more than 2” now as it’s already gotten wet and melty.  

I’ll be driving up to Acton for a coffee this afternoon while listening to Felger and Mazz and making calls.  This storm is going to send me to the F****** nut house.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

4” is being Generous.  That’s Generous!  There’s not even more than 2” now as it’s already gotten wet and melty.  

I’ll be driving up to Acton for a coffee this afternoon while listening to Felger and Mazz and making calls.  This storm is going to send me to the F****** nut house.  

21” in Bedford , Mass total 

Ya you got F’d. You can see on the snowfall map of RI , It’s like your proximity to the Mass east coast was the Biggest factor . To your SSW did much better bc the distance East of them to Atlantic is further. Anyway , whenever I’m screwed as long as I can drive to the snow , it takes the edge off

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

21” in Bedford , Mass total 

Ya you got F’d. You can see on the snowfall map of RI , It’s like your proximity to the Mass east coast was the Biggest factor . To your SSW did much breed bc the distance East of them to Atlantic is further. Anyway , whenever I’m screwed as long as I can drive to the snow , it takes the edge off

I was concerned about the CF even in the days leading up to the storm. A lot of models had that red flag, but I was told not to worry about it, and that I’d be far enough west/inland.

I should’ve listened more to my own doubts.

13 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Congrats

19 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I was concerned about the CF even in the days leading up to the storm. A lot of models had that red flag, but I was told not to worry about it, and that I’d be far enough west/inland.

I should’ve listened more to my own doubts.

I’m surprised to a degree . 
what town are you . 

Did Smithfield @400’ plus do better ? Up to Woonsocket ?

Sometimes Cumberland is just a hair 2 East but usually Diamond hill does well with added 200’.  Take a weenie walk up 

41 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Actually ended up with about a foot here, so not as much of a porking as I thought but still pretty weak compared to what happened 15 miles to my SE. Two decent events this season I'm ready to melt this and do the dew. 

Didn't measure but a foot sounds right. I'll give next weeks Euro bomb a chance then turn the page to golf season.

Even though I got warning snow and the pack is pretty good, the high water content lower ratio snow blows.  Backbreaking to move, and less visually pleasing than fluff.   Weenie flakes for the past 90 minutes since I’ve been up.   Will need to do one more cleanup during the day while I have light.  Deep pack now and no obliteration in site.