Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

14"!

I can't believe that place. I don't know if many on the board have driven through there. It's legit a random state park in the middle of urban metro Boston. On a clear day it looks like a small little hill. You'd never guess there would be such a difference. When Dedham had an inch or two last night, the base of MQE less than a mile or two away had 7" approximately. It's just an all around wild location. 

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I can't believe that place. I don't know if many on the board have driven through there. It's legit a random state park in the middle of urban metro Boston. On a clear day it looks like a small little hill. You'd never guess there would be such a difference. When Dedham had an inch or two last night, the base of MQE less than a mile or two away had 7" approximately. It's just an all around wild location. 

We had a PIREP report last night over HYA that remarked snow at 700'! That is amazing. So we had steep low level lapse rates.

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

5.3" when i measured this morning, Maybe we tack on another 2-4" today.

0.2" less than here.  Only teeny-tiny flakes and when I was out clearing the board at 7 they rattled off my coat like they'd partially melted then refroze on the way down.  Ratio was exactly 10:1 but I think it's lower for the 1/2" or so that's fallen since.  Wind is taking the snow sideways but not moving the stuff on the ground much, only what's on the vehicles show "drifting".

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

0.2" less than here.  Only teeny-tiny flakes and when I was out clearing the board at 7 they rattled off my coat like they'd partially melted then refroze on the way down.  Ratio was exactly 10:1 but I think it's lower for the 1/2" or so that's fallen since.  Wind is taking the snow sideways but not moving the stuff on the ground much, only what's on the vehicles show "drifting".

Its sand right now here, But think that changes here shortly as the radar fills, Looks like some high 20dbz rates in that too.

1 minute ago, geo1 said:

In for a break from snow blowing id say in my area of Wilmington if it wasn’t 20” it’s pretty close. It is very wet heavy stuff.

Weird, very light here. I just reached my storm high temp of 29.5F. Most of it fell between 28-29F. Yeah, 20" might be a little high. At least 18" but agree, 20" for here is prolly a good rounded estimate.

30 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I didn't do official measurements with this but I think I can say 18" with confidence and maybe  a couple more. I estimated the two shovelings I did yesterday totalled close to a foot and the driveway had 9" new after my 8:00pm shoveling.  Quite a weight difference on today's vs. yesterdays!

I told you you would like the new Pit location, they always do well there on coastals, used to have an office there.