Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

1 minute ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Hey guys, I finally may jackpot a chase, or close to it. Currently in Dover NJ. I’ve been sitting in the south end of this band all day. It refused to move west of me. It’s been 8 years coming since I made my first chase up to MA for feb 2013. With what’s left has to be a chance for 30-35” I just don’t know what type of rates we see overnight/tomorrow. I also don’t measure so just going off official nws measurements.  

0D0EDA62-2DD1-42DE-8073-88F829184511.png

Just do a weenie measurement 

run outside pantsless , stand in deep snow ,and if the weenie is white you jacked ...

seriously thou , Great spot and looks like 3’ is happening. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

How much otg?

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’re not sleeting . Check dual pol

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Heh I dont see it on CC

Seems like it lasted for like 20 minutes, but not doing it now.  (I sent steve and kev a quick audio of it)
Here it seems to be 6+ on the ground.  It is really hard to tell.  The winds are ripping really good on the lake.  Low vis. Big difference than what was happening in Manchester.  Seems like just a heavier snow here in the NE corner then the  center of the  state.  More legit.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I had a crazy gust on the edge on that band. 45 to 50 ish. Total whiteout lost sight of my St Bernard Husky mix for while. He loves it.  Laying outside in the snow chewing on a bone.

I love windy snowstorms. Just adds a ferocious aspect to it. Hopefully will get another crack at one.

• Like 5

Just now, Cold Miser said:

Seems like it lasted for like 20 minutes, but not doing it now.  (I sent steve and kev a quick audio of it)
Here it seems to be 6+ on the ground.  It is really hard to tell.  The winds are ripping really good on the lake.  Low vis. Big difference than what was happening in Manchester.  Seems like just a heavier snow here in the NE corner then the  center of the  state.  More legit.

Sounded like it could have been convective stuff like we saw in that Nemo band when we had 6” per hour 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

You have such a cozy setup, at least from your pics

Thanks man. Put some sweat into the backyard but we got it like we want now. 

Sticking on topic: heavy snow and 27.8F. Temp up almost a degree in last 30 min. 

• Like 1