Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

25 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Then maybe it never leaves?

GYX seems to think we're done with anything consequential by midday tomorrow - then some sleet, drizzle and light snow as we dry-slot. By Wednesday it's sunny, and then we get ready for some rain toward the end of the week. The whole idea of the secondary swath of meaningful snow from GOM redevelopment late tomorrow and beyond seems to have disappeared, at least for my part of Maine. 

Regarding that shadowing, it may not have been a complete mistake as NE CT has had some issues. A bit of a min there currently. Otherwise, I think the mid level fronto probably helped drive that snow and overpower any shadowing. I think the true shadowed come from the more isentropic TROWAL events. The kind that don’t have the big back vent mid level warm fronts like this does. Just a thought. I didn’t really buy some of those crazy CT shadow solutions, but did think further up the valley had a bigger issue. 

Still furthering trend of increasing snowfall intensities. Looks better now than any time beforehand

Like others have said this is not the best rate of accumulation even in the heavier precip.

5-6 inches with 8 inch drifts, not much added over the last time I checked an hour ago, but I feel like it’s really going to improve rate of accum for the latter half of this deal.

A092B70C-DFB7-4736-B783-165AA38C738B.jpeg

I got my balls busted on this forum this AM for giving you Eastern folk a preview of coming attractions. Begrudgingly we gotta give the folks at the weather Channel some props for getting a better handle on this forecast than BOX or most broadcast outlets. That being said a thrilling storm. I'm sitting in a parking lot in north Kingstown, RI a few miles west of the Bay watching the snow pile up loving every minute of it. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Kind of stinks that we’re fighting to stave off rain when it was like 1 degree yesterday morning 

The High should have been to the North or Northwest of you instead of Northeast.  The Cold Air would have been thicker near the surface where you are instead of helping to push the low level Marine air into the east facing coastline.

1 minute ago, PWMan said:

GYX seems to think we're done with anything consequential by midday tomorrow - then some sleet, drizzle and light snow. By Wednesday it's sunny, and then we get ready for some rain toward the end of the week. The whole idea of the secondary swath of meaningful snow for late tomorrow and beyond seems to have disappeared, at least for my part of Maine. 

This was really only going to be a 12-15 hrs storm, Some models were/are developing the secondary low that forms east of the cape and moves NE from there, But i'm not buying it.

9 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Closer than I had expected

Invaded a little further than 93 southeast of us... poster in Randolph said it was raining

F6C36319-70FD-4E94-ADBF-30BA73C30467.thumb.jpeg.769898bb372642e4e1a4561163a217f9.jpeg

I'm about a mile south of 128 and 1/2 mile east of 24 with about 225 feet of elevation.  Not sure if we even made it to an inch before the change.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ScottieBird said:

I got my balls busted on this forum this AM for giving you Eastern folk a preview of coming attractions. Begrudgingly we gotta give the folks at the weather Channel some props for getting a better handle on this forecast than BOX or most broadcast outlets. That being said a thrilling storm. I'm sitting in a parking lot in north Kingstown, RI a few miles west of the Bay watching the snow pile up loving every minute of it. 

Congratulations for supporting the weather Channel? I mean, you declared it dead well before you should have an offered no scientific explanation. Be a bigger hardo though. 

• Like 2

Just now, dryslot said:

This was really only going to be a 12-15 hrs storm, Some models were/are developing the secondary low that forms east of the cape and moves NE from there, But i'm not buying it.

I never buy into the long-duration/multi-phase scenarios. Almost never plays out that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GYX seems to think we're done with anything consequential by midday tomorrow - then some sleet, drizzle and light snow as we dry-slot. By Wednesday it's sunny, and then we get ready for some rain toward the end of the week. The whole idea of the secondary swath of meaningful snow from GOM redevelopment late tomorrow and beyond seems to have disappeared, at least for my part of Maine. 
Anything less than 6" is a fail

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In a perfect world we'd have one 4-8 inch snow fall every three or four days. The fluffy kind, no wind, gentle rates. Sorry to be off topic. Been b----ing about the amounts predicted for here just because I'm getting old and find lifting the wet stuff a bit scarier than just a few years ago. Sorry to be off topic. 

25/23 SN, windy but not too ferocious for my neighborhood.