Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

cleared the board at 7.5", came inside and and it was almost 6"

My stratus was filled and shaved off....that is 12" deep. It is just dumping snow out there still

I just moved to Bethlehem at 900' from Woodbury at 475'.  Totally different type of snow here, and impossible to measure.  It blows so much, it degenerates into little crystals and forms very dense drifts.  So it looks like I have a dusting in front of the barn, and 4' along the side.  Meanwhile, down in Woodbury, you'd measure 15" everywhere you went.

5 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

The radar presentation has been super frustrating. I don't even think temps were that big a problem, we just never sustained good snow growth.

Exactly, and I don't see it changing. Maybe there's one more brief burst of snow but this has been a huge letdown. Very disappointing and unimpressive.

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Id try to see it from their prospective and take into account logistics and priority. The snow wasnt nearly as heavy so they could focus on side streets more.

When theres this much otg and this heavy for several hours straight, highways and main roads probably take priority. I'm no expert but thats just the logic i see. Happens almost every big storm. Lots of passes early then they're gone until the storm is over.

Yeah, I just hope they make a pass overnight or I'm going to have a rough time getting to the office tomorrow. Think you break the 15" mark? Looks like it to me.

1 minute ago, Massplow said:

Will this turn back to snow? Hyde park Dorchester and Randolph all basically rain/mix... wondering if we should send plow trucks home or keep them out

Don't know if/when this will turn back to snow, but can't believe the town just plowed my street.  Less than an inch of slush on the roads with pouring rain.  Waste of time and money.