Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It's pouring snow in Brookline. 2 inches? Roads covered. 

Gf sent me video from home. It's 32f there but there's barely any stickage. Wow what a diff. Should get better there later

Yep, we're getting left at the starting line. (Now in Somerville)

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Point and click only has us getting another 1 to 2 inches.. BOX Fail!

This is my point and click:

This Afternoon
Snow showers. High near 27. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow showers, mainly before 4am. Low around 25. North wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

I'm not sure what's going on there.  The radar would need to completely dry up soon if that forecast is going to verify.  They have me at 4" total and I'm already over 2".
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly, I think it's the heaviest stuff of the storm right now in BDR land. We've dropped visibility to several hundred feet. Getting more like 2-3" per hour.

Same here. Incredible maintenance of 30+dbz echoes since just after 11am. Also getting the best gusts of the day here now. What a great day

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This is my point and click:

This Afternoon
Snow showers. High near 27. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow showers, mainly before 4am. Low around 25. North wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

I'm not sure what's going on there.  The radar would need to completely dry up soon if that forecast is going to verify.  They have me at 4" total and I'm already over 2".

Event total still says 6 for here. I was a little over 7 About 20 minutes ago and ripping

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

S+ for the last 45 minutes. Will see if the NAM and Reggie were right with another 10-15” here. Radar looks good . We’ll see

I don't think those numbers will materialize for you down there. Thinking more about the 4"-6" left to go for you before it done.

I'm going to be stuck on Zoom for a Boston public meeting right as things start to ramp up here this evening. One of the many casualties of the pandemic - an event that would've been canceled due to the storm goes on as planned.

This seems like one of those storms where I miss seeing the meat of it. Looks like the good stuff will be mostly overnight, winding down in the morning.

5 minutes ago, PWMan said:

I'm going to be stuck on Zoom for a Boston public meeting right as things start to ramp up here this evening. One of the many casualties of the pandemic - an event that would've been canceled due to the storm goes on as planned.

This seems like one of those storms where I miss seeing the meat of it. Looks like the good stuff will be mostly overnight, winding down in the morning.

If it ever gets here. Moving at a snails pace