• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

Ripping. Still SN+, still 1-2" per hour.

It's an interesting storm and extremely steady as she goes for SW CT, which is rare. We usually vacillate in intensity, play frequent games with dry slots and sleet, but this is working out well. Some of the bigger events (like 2011 and the HECSs) we've gone insane and hit 4-6" and even more per hour, up to 8" or so one of those nights. This is staying strong but not crazy at the same rate all day.

IMG_1857.PNG

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

This what I sort of envisioned for you. Your longitude helping being removed from the ocean and allowing wetbulbng to near 32. 

Yeah good call... it’s 31 and change at my place right now.

And as another poster mentioned, it probably isn’t hurting that the sun is going down.

we’ve got like 4-6 hours to really rip... after 10pm it looks pretty much like snizzle.

Just now, wxsniss said:

Keep the obs coming!

I saw your temp 33-34F... sticking ok?

HRRR soundings have Boston metro rocking 5-10pm, ground and cars finally starting to whiten

I'm about 2 miles south of him.  There's a WU site right between our houses that's showing 32/32.   Definitely sticking.   Just pouring snow right now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I am kicking myself thinking what this would have been just a tick or two colder. Less drip drip drip 

Same... remember how quickly Dec 17 stacked up. We would have had 1-2 inches already.

Finally whitening the ground and cars here in Brookline after hours of moderate snow.

Per HRRR soundings, next 5-6 hours will not disappoint

3 minutes ago, Kbosch said:

Ripping. Still SN+, still 1-2" per hour.

It's an interesting storm and extremely steady as she goes for SW CT, which is rare. We usually vacillate in intensity, play frequent games with dry slots and sleet, but this is working out well. Some of the bigger events (like 2011 and the HECSs) we've gone insane and hit 4-6" and even more per hour, up to 8" or so one of those nights. This is staying strong but not crazy at the same rate all day.

IMG_1857.PNG

I’m with you man. Nemo was the craziest for sure. We ended up with almost 40” that storm but this one is definitely holding her own in SW CT