Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

3 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

It's still snowing moderately hard between bands, but it sounds like its raining outside, for how much the pine tree is dripping. 

I think the storm was modeled pretty well here, if you ignored the clown maps for actual output.  Super low ratio and high melt.

Since its going to rain at the end anyway here though, who cares?  It's putting on a bit of a show at least.

Yup, not much better in Bristol.  Considering the radar not much to show for it at all.  No mixing but whatever is going on with the radar echoes isn't mixing down to reality at the surface.  As others have commented, seems more like a March storm than the 1st day of February here.  I was expecting 4-8", would surprised if I get that now - still a long way to go though.

Someone in that Jersey band is getting over 40" ... they were in the 15"+ VIP lounge as of noon and that was prior to that weird pivot-point thunderstorm calibre stationary sequencing going on radar.  That reminds me of 1997 Dec 23 rad rates down there, and when that '97 thing passed through here... we got 14" in 3 hours... I can't imagine what that will do down there if that persist through the evening - got to figure that unless we hit something truly historic, that's gonna wanes some how some way.

So, I am 26/26 and 1/2 mi vis here in Ayer.  1" so far...  This 'fuzzy' area out ahead of that strong-ish band presently rotating N has been snowing harder than rad... It makes me wonder if the higher ratio snow is helping there... And I figure when that band(s) pivot on through we'll stack better for a couple hours in each. getting nasty out there folks -

• Like 1