Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

Just now, bristolri_wx said:

Newport is forecasted at 6-8".  I think 4-7" is more realistic.  It will stick as rates increase... give it time... but no one predicted 8-12" that close to the coast...

I'm in the south end of Newport. I don't expect 4 down here. Up near the Base and the old Hi Li but not down here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Portions of Eastern LI reporting over 6” already and they were forecasted for 2-4”. Could be good news for our SNE east zones.

I like the "why" part of that though ...

as in ... too many doubters that do so defensively because they don't want to admit to a circumstance that gets their hopes up lol '

- j/k

43 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I feel confident in a foot plus at BOS. 

This seems like a deal where extremely far east coastal locations struggle in that 4-10" range max. Some areas of cape Ann and far eastern portions of the south shore. 

Might tickle the taint here but anywhere west of coast In BOS by a few miles should get smoked aka blue hills Jerry Jamaica Plain Brookline and all Boston suburbs. Houghs neck and Squantum are examples of places you DON'T wanna be. My house in dot may have several inches more than Houghs neck and several inches less than Brookline. 

We'll see. It will be fun. I'm getting ready to go deliver packages. Today at work should be an absolute disaster. I'm on shift until 8pm in a uhaul van with rear wheel drive. 

Let's hope the forcing can maintain... those bands in LI sound remind me of 12/17

I called for 8-12" BOS city proper, 10-14" in northwest burbs, not including anything Tuesday evening... if the forcing we see down south maintains (and does not attenuate as on some guidance), and the CF sets up southeast of the city, I'll bust too low.

I know it's not directly related to our forum, but really high stakes in Philly area... models still in 2 very different camps down there, and it seems the less is unloaded down there, the better the mechanics up here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

22/19...no way we're hitting even the low end if this doesn't pick up and that band doesn't migrate north...stuck just under 4", while visibility has decreased, snowgrowth is not spectacular but getting slowly better than earlier...

Patience. Id be stunned if you dont pick up 10 minimum. HRRR showing another 10-12 there on top of what has fallen.

• Like 1

Eyeballing a little over 3 inches here on the westerly/ pawcatuck line. The northern edge of the band is just approaching my home, although the meat of it seems to be a bit west. We haven't seen the winds I was expecting by now, but gusts appear to be around 30-40mph. Biting my nails over this rain snow line/ timing. Temp is up to 32 now 

• Like 2