Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

2 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Man that's some death band back across I-78 in NJ...pushing 60dbz. Can easily see how someone ends up with 30" whereever that thing stalls and rots out. 

We’ll be seeing 36-40” reports when this all over. of course, that means proper measurements every 6 or 12hrs. Depths will definitely be 30”.

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Had 2.25” at 6am. Eyeballing about 4” now. Official measurement coming at 12pm.

23F/Snow 

What a difference a few miles makes, only 2.4" here as of a few minutes ago, we have spots where the grass is still showing, the wind could be doing it, looks great but sucks to measure....we haven't had "heavy" snow yet, great snow growth though. Think that huge band along long island makes it up here? That will definitely put us in the upper end if it does

10 hours ago, das said:

-1°F / -5°F here in the Champlain Valley. Looking forward to 4-6 hours of WCB tomorrow night with the ~700 frontogenic max pushing thru then all eyes are on the froude number as blocked flow commences. 

I'm sorry ... "froude number"   ?

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’ll be seeing 36-40” reports when this all over. of course, that means proper measurements every 6 or 12hrs. Depths will definitely be 30”.

Really takes a true weenie to keep up with the clearing in amounts like that. I couldn't even convince my dad to move his snow stake from the porch to the yard after just an inch of snow there yesterday. Not only is his stake placement bad but it only goes to 24"...good chance depth exceeds that especially once you factor in the drifting off the roof.

7 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

What a difference a few miles makes, only 2.4" here as of a few minutes ago, we have spots where the grass is still showing, the wind could be doing it, looks great but sucks to measure....we haven't had "heavy" snow yet, great snow growth though. Think that huge band along long island makes it up here? That will definitely put us in the upper end if it does

Maybe my eyeballs deceive me. Although @Sey-Mour Snow has 3.8” so it is possible. I’ll measure at noon. Yea, LI stuff will make it here. 

• Like 1