• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

16"- 24" of snow is expected for NYC, northeast NJ, the Lower Hudson Valley, much of Nassau, and portions of southwest CT. 6"- 12" of snow for eastern Long Island and southeastern CT (lower amounts here due to potential for wintry mix or changeover to rain). Strong winds and low visibility with accumulating snow will make travel very difficult to impossible. Finally, widespread minor to moderate coastal flooding; locally major impacts possible Monday night. 

Just now, Greg said:

16"- 24" of snow is expected for NYC, northeast NJ, the Lower Hudson Valley, much of Nassau, and portions of southwest CT. 6"- 12" of snow for eastern Long Island and southeastern CT (lower amounts here due to potential for wintry mix or changeover to rain). Strong winds and low visibility with accumulating snow will make travel very difficult to impossible. Finally, widespread minor to moderate coastal flooding; locally major impacts possible Monday night. 

What’s that from? 

Amazing lift in the DG Zone for CHH around 4-7pm tonight should overcome the weak boundary layer warming for a time this evening, until the warming wins as the lift shuts off.  I think the warmer models are overdoing the warmth in the boundary layer, and I think a few inches on the front end seems most reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hoth said:

I little surprised OKX didn't go with blizzard warnings for the immediate coast.

In their discussion they said confidence wasn't high enough for three straight hours of <1/4 mile visibility and frequent wind gusts over 35. Blizzard warnings don't seem to have a high verification rate.

• Like 1