• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 6-7 storm?

Snowstorms

From LOT( put in every event thread): "AT ANY RATE, IT'S FAR TOO EASY TO PICK UP MORE SNOW   
THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR IN THIS TYPE OF PATTERN GIVEN SNOW TO WATER   
RATIOS OF 25 TO 30:1, IF NOT HIGHER. SO, THE MESSAGE GOING FORWARD   
IS THAT WAVES OF SNOW WILL REMAIN POSSIBLE INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK."

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Keep that one in the short range/meh thread, Phil.

Lol, like that won't cause confusion.

I'd rather see any Sunday PM posts in the Feb 8-9 thread, since that is sort of a forerunner.  I'd have to change that thread to Feb 7-9, which would mean we'd have 2 threads with Feb 7 in the title... not ideal, but times are tough.

44 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Globals really struggle with these clippers and underestimate what high ratios with minimal moisture can do. Hrrr/rap have been pretty consistent. 

Been awhile since we've had a good clipper. I'll take the HRRR or SREF plume any day, any year. When we get them we usually do overachieve. Hoping for some good 24 hour trends beginning with tonights runs. With these arctic temps coming, it has to over perform for us(wishcasting). Hoping 21Z SREF continues the upward trend.

A bit of the other thread but still nearly 5" tomorrow 

Screenshot_20210205-151222_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b99371af89858643ae956f1db3a9b06.jpg

36 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Imagine that. Something that favors northern IL. Lol. Now looks like that frontogenic band will bypass here and we only get a narrow west to east band a few hours. Sunday clipper may actually have better potential here

your time will come in this pattern.

• Like 1

Pretty poor run to run continuity by some of the guidance with this little wave.  3km NAM went from about 0.17" to 0.04" of precip for the QCA, which would be a substantial difference with 20:1+ LSR snowfall lol.  I think a general 1-3" is the safest call, but 4" of fluff can't be ruled out if the "wetter" runs that have showed up from time to time are correct.