Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 6-7 storm?

Snowstorms

16 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

I dont think it matters who starts a thread. I honestly had no issue with brian d starting a thread to mix it up since SE MI needed something to shake things up but so much for that idea. Just one of those winters. And lol @ josh who said earlier today winters only half over. Its 75% over. Cant count on snow in march, maybe the first week.

I cut March into 1/3rds haha. The 1st/3rd is reliably winter,  mid way is difficult to get a good snow storm but happens and after about March 25th it becomes exceedingly rare for Toronto to get a snowstorm over 6". It has happened but its just as likely to be 50F and sunny or 1-3" and 32F. Id argue by late March its easier to get to 60F and sunny instead of a 6-10" winter storm. 

So overall I stop following snow chances right around St.Patricks day

• Like 3

Going off on the 12z euro, the weaker this next wave is (feb 3,4), the better chance the next threat can come NW with the southeast ridge. Looks to be some phasing going on with northern stream also which enhances the threat. Ill leave the potential phasing with the event to the red tags to elaborate. 

5 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

While I doubt this is a big storm, potential for a wave to ride the front seems to be gaining steam. Could be a very cold snowfall.

The storm before that looks like it’ll be a very wet snow with a few inches possible, so hopefully that’ll stick to everything and the colder, drier snow can just accumulate on top.

15 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

The storm before that looks like it’ll be a very wet snow with a few inches possible, so hopefully that’ll stick to everything and the colder, drier snow can just accumulate on top.

That would be nice. Over the years and outside the belts, more often than not SE MI has been a jackpot for snowfalls and snowcover wrt what else is going on in the sub (remember SE MI snowmagnet lol?) but looking outside right now we are the absolute screwzone. Again, not so much in terms of season totals because we had a better start than most, but the snowcover is thinnest in a narrow line from DTW to CLE right now. can't win em all but with two potentials ahead of vodka cold, if neither pans out you will see me really bitch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

That would be nice. Over the years and outside the belts, more often than not SE MI has been a jackpot for snowfalls and snowcover wrt what else is going on in the sub (remember SE MI snowmagnet lol?) but looking outside right now we are the absolute screwzone. Again, not so much in terms of season totals because we had a better start than most, but the snowcover is thinnest in a narrow line from DTW to CLE right now. can't win em all but with two potentials ahead of vodka cold, if neither pans out you will see me really bitch.

U know its a sh*t winter when Josh is even remotely close to bitchin about it. Slowly wearin you down. If this next wave performs anything like the gfs is showing that will give northern Wisconsin there big snow leaving pretty much metro Detroit as only area this far north in the region without a respectable snowstorm. Maybe Toronto but havent really paid much attention to canada as most dont lol.

As frustrating as its been, its even worse that the northeast might get its 3rd foot plus storm in a winter where it looked promising the midwest would have a possible historic winter and east coast not much. Just goes to show winter outlooks are useless.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

U know its a sh*t winter when Josh is even remotely close to bitchin about it. Slowly wearin you down. If this next wave performs anything like the gfs is showing that will give northern Wisconsin there big snow leaving pretty much metro Detroit as only area this far north in the region without a respectable snowstorm. Maybe Toronto but havent really paid much attention to canada as most dont lol.

As frustrating as its been, its even worse that the northeast might get its 3rd foot plus storm in a winter where it looked promising the midwest would have a possible historic winter and east coast not much. Just goes to show winter outlooks are useless.

Toronto I believe had a 10 inch snowstorm around xmas

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spartman said:

12z GFS:
sn10_024h.us_mw.png

12z Euro & UK:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Euro and UKMET have a system in the subforum (and likely to be a higher than average ratio snow).

If you're going to flood us with maps all the time, what's 2 more?

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

I've got SEMI beat wrt "most pathetic winter". Y'all don't know what horrid is, trust me.

5 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

I don't see why it's a surprise that I am complaining? You seem to think that all I like is nickles/dimes. Yes, snowcover is what I like best but I still expect a respectable storm every Winter. Once our historic stretch ended in 2015 we still have had respectable storms every Winter except this one (so far).  It's been apparent for some time that regardless of what happens this is not going to go down as a good Winter for really anyone. Even those seeing a great stretch in the western sub were snowless past Christmas. Just have to hope next good stretch is ours. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Back to Feb 6/7 potential. Still a lot of interesting possibilities, but since models suck I don't like getting into it too far out wrt details but its always nice to be in the middle of a range of solutions. 

I think 2 to 3 inches is a good call 

• Like 1