• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

While it is still snowing with temps above freezing looks like we can call this one final. So let's review the storm and where it stands in historical Western Chester County PA history

The 16.6" of snow accumulated as follows over the last 4 days

1/31/21 - 4.3" snow / 2/1/21 - 9.3" snow (including 2.3" IP) / 2/2/21 - 2.5" snow and 2/3/21 - 0.5" snow

This snow storm now ranks as the 21st greatest snow event in Chester County PA history from 1894 to Present - top 25 storms are below

image.png.2e03ab3a493d6c850b2ed7196b8ef283.png

New entry for "family member". She insists that the snow is 12" deeper at elderly neighbour house next door because it's up to her waist there.  And the justifications is it happens all the time in the summer when it's raining and places across the street are dry there is no convincing her otherwise lmao.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, RedSky said:

New entry for "family member". She insists that the snow is 12" deeper at elderly neighbour house next door because it's up to her waist there.  And the justifications is it happens all the time in the summer when it's raining and places across the street are dry there is no convincing her otherwise lmao.

Talk about a microclimate! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Anyone know why KABE continues to record no additional accumulation on the PNS despite light snow during the majority of obs listed, since?  Did they just go home and said, "screw this!"?

were on the same wavelength, i contacted NWS but they're giving me the typical governmental runaround!!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Does it seem possible to anyone else that ABE only got 0.4 inch of snow all day yesterday -- didn't it snow till afternoon??>!

They had better looking radar returns then me when the snow showers returned in the afternoon and into the night, I scraped out an additional 1" 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Local news here (Ch 6/Accuweather) at noon had Allentown total at 31"...no clue where they got it from.

31 is the number everybody wants evidently. Got 31 up the street, 31 over in the other corner of Bucks, saw a 31 at Ancient Oaks(that number popped up at 10pm Monday night and never moved I was trying to figure that one out) 31 at the neighbours place(:lol:)

Something is amiss and shenanigans is afoot

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

31 is the number everybody wants evidently. Got 31 up the street, 31 over in the other corner of Bucks, saw a 31 at Ancient Oaks(that number popped up at 10pm Monday night and never moved I was trying to figure that one out) 31 at the neighbours place(:lol:)

Something is amiss and shenanigans is afoot

Pretty sure Bruce has something to do with this...

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, SnowLover22 said:

@KamuSnow what is the storm total? I am not home right not so cannot measure. And I know you aren't too far from me. 

What I measured yesterday was 7.5" on the ground, 9.25 breaking it down by time periods. The sleet on Monday is the main reason what's on the ground is less. I also didn't add anything for the dustings yesterday and last night, which might have added another 0.25" or so.

6 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Here is the snow pile this morning. It's about 5 feet high (at the high point) and maybe 20 feet long. Should last a while, lol. There's another one to the right, down the driveway, that's in the shade.

Snowpile-2-03-21.thumb.jpg.741b29b55e44d79a4aeea7b0673f2793.jpg

Finally what we have been waiting for and will last into March at least.

10 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Here is the snow pile this morning. It's about 5 feet high (at the high point) and maybe 20 feet long. Should last a while, lol. There's another one to the right, down the driveway, that's in the shade.

Wow.  Not just the one "classic" pile but a second?? :lmao: :lol:

The snow seems to have stopped here for the moment but it looks like something out west in Lancaster has spontaneously developed. Not sure if that will survive the trip east but we shall see.  Temp is currently up to 35 with melting going on.

radar28-02032021.png

24 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Nice!

Be a true weenie and spray water on each pile every night which temps go <= 32F be for a protective ice layer for maximum snow pile longevity...