Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

4 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Deer decided to walk all over my measuring board so it was hard to get a good reading but it looked like 2.8" since last obs which puts me at 13" storm total in Phoenixville.  11" w/ compaction.  Not complaining here, I put the over/under bet with my gf at 15".  She took the under, we'll see who's right.  

Need an electric fence around that (but then it would become its own "snow fence" at that point)! :lol:

Got 3" of snow here Sunday, then 1.25 of sleet etc. From midnight to 2 pm yesterday, then 2" from 2 pm till midnight, and another 3" since then, for a total of 9.25", although it measures 7.5" compacted . It's beautiful this morning, light to moderate rates, snow caked on everything. The storm that keeps on giving, even if yesterday we only got in the good banding for about an hour. I'm enjoying this a whole lot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Got 3" of snow here Sunday, then 1.25 of sleet etc. From midnight to 2 pm yesterday, then 2" from 2 pm till midnight, and another 3" since then, for a total of 9.25", although it measures 7.5" compacted . It's beautiful this morning, light to moderate rates, snow caked on everything. The storm that keeps on giving, even if yesterday we only got in the good banding for about an hour. I'm enjoying this a whole lot!

was waiting for you to chime in so I knew what my official measurements were...added your numbers up like 5 times and i think you're correct...not bad, i'll take it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

We need pics of the sleet pile! 

These piles will stick around for a long time with all that ice mixed in and a potentially cold Feb on the way.

Getting a marathon pimp slapping up in Poconos  around Jack Frost/Big Boulder.

52 straight hours of snow, still snowing .  Wrap around banding  continues to  hound  the area  from the NE.

The heavy snow bands  didnt make it this far north but  a consistent 1/2" hour rate for 2 + days. 

Closing in on 2 feet. 

5 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Thanks Agnes for the radars you always post!  I'm at 34d here back to a light snow.  We'll have this all afternoon?  That low is crawling.

You are welcome  They think the low might get cut off and then start drifting further out to sea and then eventually get absorbed into another low on its way towards New England and the maritimes.  So there may be on and off bandlettes (my term) of precip today)

Temp here ticked up another degree and am at 33.

32 degrees, and snowing lightly. A little less than a foot of snow outside. I was thrilled to wake up to a snow-painted world this morning. We finally got some real snow. The sleet part was also awesome. I truly love weather in all its guises (other than extreme heat:). 

This was a wonderful storm that gave many of us a true taste of winter... 

C3DF0930-2835-4536-B53B-C9597DB425B5.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Actually saw the sun. The sleet kept this from being historic here, but I am not complaining. Been a long time since I got a foot of snow. Now I just have to hope the mail finally comes today and that my stimulus check is there.

Hasn't poked through here yet but very bright. 

Being 34F and a very shallow cloud cover (w/snow melting), anything that falls today won't make a difference in totals....at least here.

What stimulus...the $600 dollar one from last year?

34F / unproductive/melting light flakes falling

• Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Hasn't poked through here yet but very bright. 

Being 34F and a very shallow cloud cover (w/snow melting), anything that falls today won't make a difference in totals....at least here.

What stimulus...the $600 dollar one from last year?

34F / unproductive/melting light flakes falling

Yes. It was supposed to be deposited Jan 4, but went to a closed account. Finally saw it coming but the mail wasn’t there. The only bad thing about this storm. 

Seeing yet more sun come through. 35 degrees.