• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

Was mentioning in another thread, while it may have had the right idea for all the wrong reasons, the GFS for the 6 days or so prior to the storm had the mix and sleet area consistently in S PA more than any other guidance. Actually sniffed that out and preformed better than the mesos in that regard....but again,  more so a function of slp being more N but if we followed Miller B trends and used the GFS as guidance, it was consistent with the mixing looks yet we all shrugged the GFS off as a messy transfer, too far N etc when in actuality at least for Southern PA it didn't do bad. Took till the end to get the higher snow totals and QPF in the LV so it failed there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Approx 13"-15" here in North Wales from eyeballing.

Really not sure how anyone can give a super accurate accumulation (within tenths) considering it's such a long event, sleet and wind. Snowboard or not...  

28F / light-mod snow

About the same here. Maybe we didn’t get 20+ inches, so what? It’s been snowing/sleeting nonstop for nearly 48 hrs with more to fall. Pretty awesome storm as far as I’m concerned.

18 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

About the same here. Maybe we didn’t get 20+ inches, so what? It’s been snowing/sleeting nonstop for nearly 48 hrs with more to fall. Pretty awesome storm as far as I’m concerned.

Same here. The long duration of sleet kinda sucked but overall a solid storm then chill out w/maybe 1-3" today...   

28F/ light snow w/larger flakes mixing in

• Like 1

Steady moderate snow continues in Haddon Heights, NJ. We had similar rates most of the night just east of Philadelphia- and have "nickled and dined" our way to roughly 8.5 inches (compacted).  I was surprised at the several inches we accumulated last night...I will remember this one for its duration and persistence. I recall the "Blizzard of 96" was of particularly long duration- this one may top it (although certainly not for accumulation) in terms of its non-stop wintry precipitation duration- I've not observed it stop once here.  Keeps the mood going! 

Continues to snow steadily here in East Nantmeal Twp in NW Chesco. We have picked up another 1.0" of snow since 6am. Total since midnight now 2.5". Storm total now up to 16.1" this is the biggest snow event in Western Chester County since the 26.0" that fell on 1/23/16. We have also tied the totals from the Blizzard of 1993 for the 22nd largest snowstorm in Chester County history back to 1894

Still going here with with upped intensity to fine-flaked SN.  Temp is down to 29 with fog.  Still sitting under an undulating "flow" of various snow intensities.  My back faces NE and the snow drifted up against the door (there is 1 step before getting to the ground level) so pushing the storm door was required to push aside about 4" that drifted on top of the 8" from the doorway to the ground. 

Mt. Holly mentioned "nickled and dimed" 1" - 2" additional accumulation today in their AFD and I believe that if this continues.

radar17-02022021.png

Deer decided to walk all over my measuring board so it was hard to get a good reading but it looked like 2.8" since last obs which puts me at 13" storm total in Phoenixville.  11" w/ compaction.  Not complaining here, I put the over/under bet with my gf at 15".  She took the under, we'll see who's right.