Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just came in from snowblowing the first round. 7.5" so far. 28F. Wind is whipping everything around here. 

I like the way the radar is trending. No dry slot here, mod to heavy for a while. Easily several more hours/inches...happy as hell that sleet is outta here.

Windy hvy snow / 28F

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JMcCaughey42 said:

Where in Langhorne are you?  Seems to be picking up 

I've been meaning to make a video and post it here for the longest time offering examples of light-moderate-heavy snow conditions. I still have the video and will eventually get to it. To give you an example of true heavy snow, since you are familiar with the area think of the used car lot on the corner of (North) Oxford Valley road to the Marquee where Target is, I went down to that area during the 2011 storm to capture video and the marquee wasn't visible. That is heavy snow. 

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I like the way the radar is trending. No dry slot here, mod to heavy for a while. Easily several more hours/inches...happy as hell that sleet is outta here.

Windy hvy snow / 28F

I knew by 8am we were fooked with the sleet trend, just didn't want to cave so early. Sleet hung on alot longer than anyone expected tho. Yes, glad we are under SN+ attm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Picked up a little in intensity but still poor growth so not really accumulating quickly. Up to 9" storm total in Hopewell, NJ. I guess if I can get to a foot, it'll be an alright storm all things considered...

Suprisingly less down in Ewing.  You're in the borough I take it?

7 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Picked up a little in intensity but still poor growth so not really accumulating quickly. Up to 9" storm total in Hopewell, NJ. I guess if I can get to a foot, it'll be an alright storm all things considered...

Are you up in the Sourlands or in the town?  I measured the distance to Hopewell from my location and I'm about 11 miles north.

ninja'd by Ray

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So wait, is this in addition to what we have now?

Btw, the 22F is cool, but more interested in the flake for Sunday. Ens means aren't excited.

He just said "Pt 2 of this storm" and it's at the top of the image. I imagine it's from mid -late morning on. (not sure?)  Didn't elaborate on Sun but his 10 day had flakes for next Wed as well.

The 22F was for Philly, burbs 19F...

27F / Hvy snow