Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

20 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Back to all snow in Hopewell. Several measurements in the yard average around 8" out there. Getting tough to measure with blowing though.  I still don't have a legit board here yet so take my measurements with an * for sure. Anyone else nearby can verify?

I am probably on 10-15 miles north of you and I've got around 11".  I got very little sleet though after 7am.  Try to find an open field nearby your house.

Eastern and Western Montco are the two NWS zones for Montgomery county.   Happens to go along Grange Ave. They always split the forecast there.  I happen to live on the edge. My home is in eastern and looking out the window I see western.  Sometimes the forecast is the same,  but not at all unusual for watches and warnings to be issued with one of the zones and not the other.   Not sure that explains the earlier question, but that is how it works. I expect they are busy and grouped the two zones into one "warning" to cover both.

• Like 1

Newtown. 28 degrees. Sleet continues to pour down in an onslaught that looks like a heavy thunderstorm. 

I let the dog out, and she was ON TOP of the snow the whole time because of that icy crust. 

I hope snow is on the way, but I’ve enjoyed  the sleet. It’s interesting and musical:) Time for snow soon I hope!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

man that warm nose is stubborn here

Here too. Sleet still has not been displaced. Very noisy.

Wouldn’t you know that Informed Delivery says my economic impact payment will be in the mail today. Hope I can get out to get it as I my neighborhood has a community mailbox center. 

3 minutes ago, MPotter_WX said:

Rates have diminished here in Hellertown. Only 1” per hour. Haha. Still have 9 hours of this good stuff 

Sounds wonderful!!! I’d  be happy with a few hours of good stuff here. I’m getting a bit worried that sleet is all we’re going to get in Newtown.