• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

Went out to shovel 2 1/2 hours ago and it looks like just over an inch has fallen since then. Just by eyeballing it and being outside in it I’d say we have between 4-5”. Light to moderate snow continues.

Going to bed and planning to wake up by 7 tomorrow...hopefully my drive to work doesn’t suck too much.

well, just finished off snow blowing the first 6 inches here in Macungie. Five more rounds to go?  LMAO . Pretty darn cold too with fluffy flakes. Not used to seeing this. If the wind kicks up as bad as they are predicting tomorrow, whiteout conditions will exist big time.  Reminds me of the 93, 96 and 2016 storms. 

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

It's a shame that the program won't let you save the images with those values displayed so what I do is sortof position the mouse over one of the report icons until the report displays and then do a screenshot of the  whole screen (with the program full screen) and then crop it and save that to post.  For example here is one of the readings up near you -

Screenshot_2021-01-31_220214.png

That would be nice if it was built into the program.

I've been using "Snagit" for years to capture images and edit. You don't have to do a full screenshot and can zoom in to particular areas, add text whatever. It's very customizable. 

Just now, Birds~69 said:

That would be nice if it was built into the program.

I've been using "Snagit" for years to capture images and edit. You don't have to do a full screenshot and can zoom in to particular areas, add text whatever. It's very customizable. 

I used to use Snagit at work all the time.  Loved it (of course I didn't have to pay for it either :lol:)!  I probably should just go on and buy it because it lets you do a "scrolling" screenshot which is what I miss the most and found the most useful.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

I used to use Snagit at work all the time.  Loved it (of course I didn't have to pay for it either :lol:)!  I probably should just go on and buy it because it lets you do a "scrolling" screenshot which is what I miss the most and found the most useful.

Yeah, I use it for work and when I took classes. My parents are older and I can send them images w/text embedded and they can understand things better. It has a bunch of features and I use it pretty much daily 

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I use it for work and when I took classes. My parents are older and I can send them images w/text embedded and they can understand things better. It has a bunch of features and I use it pretty much daily 

I think you convinced me to go on and get it. Even being able to use it to "record" the GR programs' frames when set to "play" (both Level3 and GR2Analyst) and convert to an animated gif would also be worthwhile.

As an obs, the snow has pretty much stopped so am dryslotted until the jump happens. Currently still 23 w/21 dp and cloudy.

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I think you convinced me to go on and get it. Even being able to use it to "record" the GR programs' frames when set to "play" (both Level3 and GR2Analyst) and convert to an animated gif would also be worthwhile.

As an obs, the snow has pretty much stopped so am dryslotted until the jump happens. Currently still 23 w/21 dp and cloudy.

Yep...

21F,  Precip appears to be filling in and building from the S...   

b.jpg