Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
East TN, SWVA, E KY, and Plateau NW flow obs. Feb 1 - 2

Holston_River_Rambler

2 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

1 inch across north Johnson City. Around 2” in parts of south Johnson City and between 3-4” in Unicoi. Also Erwin (city) has between 2 and 3”. Still snowing this AM (9:30) across parts of Washington and Unicoi County.

Wow. I guess up My area up rock creek in Erwin really really loves this NNW flow.

adding another inch currently

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

Wow. I guess up My area up rock creek in Erwin really really loves this NNW flow.

adding another inch currently

Guessing Beauty Spot and Pleasant Garden are well smashed right now, may try and hike up to PG via Rattlesnake Ridge Trail this afternoon.

14 minutes ago, Bigbald said:

Guessing Beauty Spot and Pleasant Garden are well smashed right now, may try and hike up to PG via Rattlesnake Ridge Trail this afternoon.

With 6 going on 7 here at 2000ft surely a foot on the peaks. 

Not to mention there was already snow up there. Unaka mountain has been snow topped for most of January besides those few days into the low 60s

Check out these pictures...looks to show how really small temperature difference can affect accumulation from our light snow showers overnight. Two pictures: The sidewalk shows a section across the width of the sidewalk where the flurries stuck...that is where our water line comes into the house. We had to replace our line a few years ago, so there was some disturbed ground under the sidewalk at that location. The other picture shows a stepping stone in the ground, and next to it a couple of stepping stones and bricks that are top of the ground that we had Christmas decorations sitting on. Anyway,  I thought it was interesting and wanted to share...does this seem logical?952079581_steppingstone2-2-21.jpg.89b95e86d88f2179d1841d1087c095f3.jpg465881563_Sidewalk2-2-21.jpg.7d306ae4579a52ad2dca93504062f523.jpg

• Like 5