• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
East TN, SWVA, E KY, and Plateau NW flow obs. Feb 1 - 2

Holston_River_Rambler

Measured .2" on the snowboard at home southwest of Lewisburg. Just a dusting in town. Roads, even at elevation, are just wet. Very small flakes dominated with a temp of 32-34. Oh, and we're in school! The central counties in middle TN seem a little more stringent about closing than those both farther east and west. 

• Like 2

Verizon service is bad inside VW so I can't share any pics. We have nothing here but to our south one co-worker from Dalton has a solid dusting and another in Lafayette, Ga looks to be between 1-2". They got a nice thumping around 7am.

All I had was a good snow shower at 5am leaving the house in Ooltewah. 5 miles up the road at VW it was nothing but a few flurries. Nothing stuck at my house.

Good luck to those outside of the Chattanooga area. I hope you all over perform. I think our quick snow shower at 5am will be considered an over- performer
for us.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Uncle Nasty for the reports around town (Chattanooga). Dusting stuck in East Brainerd shortly after dawn, but it's gone. Sadly I missed the snowburst due to a work call and helping prep kid for school. Just been light snow showers or flurries since then.

I didn't bother with a photo. Dusting was only some grass, some roofs and metal. Less than a complete covering. Dalton, GA did better per Shocker0 pic.

Also looks like Bradley Co. (Colhutta TN) south of Cleveland, Tenn. got around an inch near the TN/GA border per LSR.

PS. For y'all at elevation and/or northeast, yes a little more is forecast tonight with another (weaker) wave in the flow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fountainguy97 said:

looks like another batch of moisture building in. 

I think this afternoon it was supposed to fill in and find better snows in northeast TN.  Still probably have to get to tonight and hope we keep enough moisture around.  I think we will around Erwin to south JC (north and west of that it will be a toss up hoping for renegade snow showers breaking containment).  I am guessing roads will be a mess tomorrow morning for anyone with a hint of upslope to their area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nrgjeff said:

Thank you @Uncle Nasty for the reports around town (Chattanooga). Dusting stuck in East Brainerd shortly after dawn, but it's gone. Sadly I missed the snowburst due to a work call and helping prep kid for school. Just been light snow showers or flurries since then.

I didn't bother with a photo. Dusting was only some grass, some roofs and metal. Less than a complete covering. Dalton, GA did better per Shocker0 pic.

PS. For y'all at elevation and/or northeast, yes a little more is forecast tonight with another (weaker) wave in the flow.

Yeah he's actually in Tunnel Hill just a few miles north of Dalton but I figured more people knew of Dalton. Definitely surprised me...they probably got more than Crossville even although ours is a much drier snow compared to what they have.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

I think this afternoon it was supposed to fill in and find better snows in northeast TN.  Still probably have to get to tonight and hope we keep enough moisture around.  I think we will around Erwin to south JC (north and west of that it will be a toss up hoping for renegade snow showers breaking containment).  I am guessing roads will be a mess tomorrow morning for anyone with a hint of upslope to their area.

seems like it. Models only had 1-2inches for most of this area before 7pm. bulk comes with the better rates tonight

6 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

seems like it. Models only had 1-2inches for most of this area before 7pm. bulk comes with the better rates tonight

How do you do at 1950?  Most upslope events get really good around 2500........... so just curious.  My office in on N Main Avenue, so we don't get in on the elevated fun too often.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

How do you do at 1950?  Most upslope events get really good around 2500........... so just curious.  My office in on N Main Avenue, so we don't get in on the elevated fun too often.

We moved and are now right above 2k B).  yeah we do ok here. I can usually score 40-50% of what the top peaks around me get.  Depends alot on the exact flow here too I think NNW is best since the path from JC down to Erwin is pretty clear. I've seen moisture pile up in the valley from that way. Helps pad the annual averages atleast. 

Erwin proper is always in a snow hole from high peaks all around it. We are out of Erwin and up the mountain just enough to not live in the mountain shadows 24/7

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

can see the flow starting to pull more toward our classic NW direction as the ULL is sweeping through. Full on NW regime will begin over the next few hours!

I agree. The direction and temperatures at 850mb should continue to improve this afternoon/evening for the NW flow areas.

• Like 2