• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

18 minutes ago, patrick05 said:

1pm

LGA: 10"

JFK: 9"

ISP: 9"

Snow has lightened up here but no pingers yet.. i'm closer to 10" as well.. really hoping to reach 12" but that dryslot is very menacing

My wife says she measured 12" but I'm not there so I'll take your word for it.  

• Like 1

Just now, brianinhboro said:

Heavy sleet/rain here in Hillsborough, not one flake of snow in the air.  Pretty sad it had the potential to be record breaking.  I fear this will eat into my snowpack.

If its rain and sleet, I would tend to think, based on experience, our bigger accumulation chances are largely over in those regions....damn sleet is always under-predicted. Still a nice storm with a ways to go. Still who would turn their noses up at 12+? After the last 3 years?

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

You don't think the sleet will hold? Lots of CNJ into steady sleet now....

When I watched the RGEM color loop last night, it showed us changing over to sleet for a couple hours around midday before going back to snow. There have been some hints that we would get a period of sleet, but it shouldn't last too long. It will be going back to heavy snow.

Just now, winterwx21 said:

When I watched the RGEM color loop last night, it showed us changing over to sleet for a couple hours around midday before going back to snow. There have been some hints that we would get a period of sleet, but it shouldn't last too long. It will be going back to heavy snow.

Saw that in Jan 2011; wound up with 19 total. It actually rained for a period in that storm, then went to sleet and later back to snow. So it can happen. I too have forgotten how longer events can unfold, again with so many progressive patterns in recent years.

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Light snow again, no sleet here.

Hanging on to moderate snow on the southern edge of this band, but this might be the end of the accumulating snow for us, i do see some bands trying to develop offshore, but they look pretty light for the most part. I don't think we get to 18", but 14" is doable when all said and done. Temp ticking back up again, 28/7, S+

• Like 1