• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

Really glad the metro area is getting a long overdue crushing, really hoping for some banding to set up over Bergen county at some point though. It's been since boxing day blizzard that I've seen sustained banding in the southern tip of the county. Idk if its topography or luck.

Eyeballing about 6" so far by the way. Gonna measure in a few, ill update, hopefully It's more tho

4 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

It was not a widespread slow down but " some" workers did work slower....the major reason for the snafu was on the city management, which delayed declaring an emergency, allowing too many people to park on the street. This was the major reason for the difficulty cleaning up. it also allowed buses to operate, many were stranded blocking intersections and streets. 

also- the mayor was on vacation on an island and by island I dont mean Long Island lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, snywx said:

Sussex county is in the sweet spot for this event! 

I'm literally east of your location by 35 miles in the bronx..and its been crazy here for 5 hours now. Whatever we didn't get yesterday we made up in less then 6 hours. Over 9 inches and ripping rn..band right over my location as I type.

Just now, BxSnowWx37 said:

By norwood/bedford park..I was shocked trust me..it didn't start snowing until 7 pm last night..didn't get cranking until 4/5 am ish..its been moderate to heavy ever since..rn its crazy out man.

I’m pretty close to there definitely steady but doesn’t seem that cranking but I also admittedly haven’t actually been outside so I might be underestimating. 

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

I’m pretty close to there definitely steady but doesn’t seem that cranking but I also admittedly haven’t actually been outside so I might be underestimating. 

Look outside now..its dark n snowing hard man..you can't miss it..there's another band behind it lol

• Like 1