• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

So far amounts seem slightly lower than expected for immediate NYC metro

Central Park 7 AM: 5.3"

3K Nam before the storm estimated 7.1" at 7AM for Manhattan.

My immediate area seems under 5" still, but it is near impossible to judge here. I can still see huge areas of bare ground due to the winds. My immediate area never accumulates snow, just too windy.

• Like 1

Just now, sussexcountyobs said:

Not sure about the northern shield getting spotty? We have heavy snow falling here Vernon, NJ Sussex county.

I'm talking more up towards upstate ny..and ct..if look at the radar you can see everything transferring to the coastal..we are in great position but the more north and west you go it might be interesting 

5 minutes ago, alexj7 said:

So far amounts seem slightly lower than expected for immediate NYC metro

Central Park 7 AM: 5.3"

3K Nam before the storm estimated 7.1" at 7AM for Manhattan.

My immediate area seems under 5" still, but it is near impossible to judge here. I can still see huge areas of bare ground due to the winds. My immediate area never accumulates snow, just too windy.

Yeah it doesn't have the look of an 18-20 incher to me: but this is longer duration than storms we've had in recent years, which were quicker and heavier IIRC. We've not seen sleet here since daybreak; not sure what happened over night; it is snowing steadily but not "puking" as some would characterize it.....I already had some pretty heavy duty drifts this morning that challenged the machinery; so can't really complain. We'll see what Act 2 has to offer....

Just now, MJO812 said:

Nam crushes the whole area this afternoon and continues through tonight. Its going to get wild.

Maybe its good I got out this morning and cleared some of it; I'm estimating 6-8 so far, hard to tell with drifts; flat areas only had 4-5 but it was plenty deep elsewhere; over a foot on the drift on my car.

37 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Radar shows rain coming into beaches of Long Island from about Fire Island east. Also on central Jersey shore. 30.1 degrees here with light snow. Wind picking up with gusts to 27mph

That will sink SE again then back up again later