• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

18 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Didn't get that much overnight while I snoozed.  Went from 7.0" at 2 am to 8.5" at 7 am.  From what the NWS discussion said, sounds like there was a lull, which was underway when I went to sleep around 2:30 am, plus some sleet/freezing rain fell with the lighter precip.  Snowing moderately right now at 28F. 

Let's see if we get the 13=14" additional inches my point-and-click forecast says for Metuchen, which would be within the 12-18" the NWS map shows for 7 am through tomorrow for our swath in the map below (and close to the 13" of additional snow shown for nearby New Brunswick) from 7 am until the end, which would give me 21-22" total.  I like the "expected snowfall" maps from 7 am this morning through 7 am Weds (with most of it today, obviously), but wish they'd also include a "storm total" graphic.  

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Given how much most already have and the easterly jet moisture still to come in, most are good to end up well over a foot and even places east of the city are in the game for 18”. 

• Like 2

Just now, PeteThe Greek said:

Hey guys & gals, 

What radar do you guys use. TWC radar is pathetic. I give up after years of using it. Tried the NWS' radar but it seems terrible or i am doing something wrong with the settings, which is not very detailed. Thanks in advance! 

http://www.kevinspage.com/kevinsweather.html

Maybe this is a little better, could be better ones however

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

These bands are coming in hot and heavy from the ocean,whats even crazier is the fact that the coastal is causing the northern precip shield to erode and get spotty..n.y.c is getting roasted rn.!!

Not sure about the northern shield getting spotty? We have heavy snow falling here Vernon, NJ Sussex county.