• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

Currently not precipitating. Just shoveled the driveway fpr round 1. Started to sleet heavily for 15 minutes then stopped doing anything. The AccuWeather Channel keeps saying only 6 more inches today for my area. Starting to worry about a bust low.

25F 6.5" calm winds in Western Hunterdon Co.

2 hours ago, lee59 said:

Temperature up to 28 degrees here, it was about 23 at 9pm. A few inches on the ground and snowing lightly.

...same here 23* @ 9pm..temp now 29.7* @ 5am..think the c/o is inevitable..about 2" OTG..probably

looking @ the lower end of the 5-8" of snow here on ELI..hope i'm wrong but thats my gut talking..

...same here 23* @ 9pm..temp now 29.7* @ 5am..think the c/o is inevitable..about 2" OTG..probably
looking @ the lower end of the 5-8" of snow here on ELI..hope i'm wrong but thats my gut talking..
31 in Mastic. Changeover is definitely coming

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

I favor the higher ones. The ECMWF has a good track record. The NAM and RGEM are within their best range. The GFSv16 has been very consistent and did well with the December storm. Sometimes the HRRR takes time to “catch on.” The GFS is a caution flag, but not enough to think the forecast is in trouble.

Hopefully that's the case. The latest HRRR only gives us another 6-8" which isn't bad of course but would be a significant bust.

Snowing at a pretty decent clip here in Flushing Queens... surprising when looking at the radar. In any case the snow totals seems to be way ahead of schedule for a big chunk of the sub-forum, considering the main event hasn't even started and the main event is quite long at that!