Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was coming here to see if you posted any ob's from last night.  We got about 1 to 1.5" over night.  Crazy storm.   Caused big travel issues over here this AM. 

I had the same, an additional 1.5” plus the blowing and drifting.   I saw a report that Casade MD ended up with 24.8” 

picked up another 0.3” since 7a

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was coming here to see if you posted any ob's from last night.  We got about 1 to 1.5" over night.  Crazy storm.   Caused big travel issues over here this AM. 

Boy you guys are just killin it w/ this event. 

Wondering if the 3 day stall is helping pull the boundary south for Fridays refresher.  That's something thats been on my mind for the last 24 hours.  

I'll be curious to see the NESIS ranking of this storm. My guess is it's a solid/higher end 3, judging by the snow reports it had a pretty wide ranging 10-20" swath that got into the outer metro regions W and NW of all the big cities, with NYC/LI being the one big city metro that got into that 10-20. DC looked like it rode the edge of the 4-10" swath, while Philly was more into it but some suburbs there had big totals (. Same with Boston, there actually wasn't too much in the metro but a lot of mid-high teens reports in the suburbs. The 20-30" swath obviously located in a much more populated area than the December storm, which I think was a big reason it only ended up being a 2. 

I was just thinking.

Snowfalls just get bigger and bigger.

We have very few 3” to 6” or 4” to 8”.

When we get a storm it almost always double digits.

Growing up as a snow lover as a kid in the 80s and early 90s, there were only a couple storms I saw exceed 10”....February, 83 (New Jersey), January 87 (New Jersey) and Superstorm, 93 (Harrisburg).

Could be that I’m just old, but these recent storms are definitely delivering the goods.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I was just thinking.

Snowfalls just get bigger and bigger.

We have very few 3” to 6” or 4” to 8”.

When we get a storm it almost always double digits.

Growing up as a snow lover as a kid in the 80s and early 90s, there were only a couple storms I saw exceed 10”....February, 83 (New Jersey), January 87 (New Jersey) and Superstorm, 93 (Harrisburg).

Could be that I’m just old, but these recent storms are definitely delivering the goods.

Yes. I remember Horst saying that historically Lancaster received 1-2 double digit snowfalls per decade. Off the top of my head, since 2000 these years had at least one:

2010 (2)

I know I'm missing a couple, but right there is 11 over the past 21 years. That's an average of 1 every 2 years. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes. I remember Horst saying that historically Lancaster received 1-2 double digit snowfalls per decade. Off the top of my head, since 2000 these years had at least one:

2010 (2)

I know I'm missing a couple, but right there is 11 over the past 21 years. That's an average of 1 every 2 years. 

Just lit a guy up yesterday, typical know-it-all. He had his audience and was explaining how we don't have the big storms like when we were kids. He is 1 year younger then me. So i rattled of some big ones off my head,  83, 93, 96, 2003, 2010 etc. I said they were all in our adult life. He said well you know what i mean. i said no, i have no idea what you mean. he walked out of the lunch room. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just lit a guy up yesterday, typical know-it-all. He had his audience and was explaining how we don't have the big storms like when we were kids. He is 1 year younger then me. So i rattled of some big ones off my head,  83, 93, 96, 2003, 2010 etc. I said they were all in our adult life. He said well you know what i mean. i said no, i have no idea what you mean. he walked out of the lunch room. 

It’s almost the opposite if you were a kid (who loved snow) in the 80s. It really sucked.