Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Harrisburg -MDT- recorded a 2 day storm total of 12.5 inches of snow. 4.6 was recorded on Sunday and 7.9 yesterday as of Midnight.

Maybe we can still add on a little more today?

For as feast or famine as its felt around here in recent years, this is now the 5th double-digit snowfall for MDT in the last 5 years. 

Jan 2016

Mar 2017

Mar 2018

Dec 2020

Jan 2021

Not to mention the surprise pre-Thanksgiving storm in 2018 where MDT picked up 9" and we had over 10" here a little further north of Harrisburg prior to sleet onset.   Crazy times.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

For as feast or famine as its felt around here in recent years, this is now the 5th double-digit snowfall for MDT in the last 5 years. 

Jan 2016

Mar 2017

Mar 2018

Dec 2020

Jan 2021

Not to mention the surprise pre-Thanksgiving storm in 2018 where MDT picked up 9" and we had over 10" here a little further north of Harrisburg prior to sleet onset.   Crazy times.

I'll look later but I believe this was my 15th double digit snowfall since 2000. Not bad for an area that historically averaged about 1 or 2 per every 10 years. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Jan 2016

Mar 2017

Mar 2018

Dec 2020

Jan 2021

2020 only saw 5” snow all season. 

9" storm total is what I'm sending in (4.7" from 9am-9am Sun/Mon and 4.3" in the past 24 hrs with most of that falling last night).

May have been a little bit more with compaction but the way this storm had mostly slow accumulation for the most part I just did two 24 hour clears of my one snowboard. Depth on the untouched board measuring a bit over 8" so the 9" should be a pretty accurate number. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

9" storm total is what I'm sending in (4.7" from 9am-9am Sun/Mon and 4.3" in the past 24 hrs with most of that falling last night).

May have been a little bit more with compaction but the way this storm had mostly slow accumulation for the most part I just did two 24 hour clears of my one snowboard. Depth on the untouched board measuring a bit over 8" so the 9" should be a pretty accurate number. 

I had roughly a 2" compaction from my 6 hours of sleet.  

8 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I had roughly a 2" compaction from my 6 hours of sleet.  

Yeah that several hours of sleet knocked down the all but 6" we had from part 1.  This snow WILL stick around.  Ground frozen and it is dense.  Dont think the ratios were better than standard 10:1.

Would be nice to get a fresh 1" today to cover up the muck from cleanup.