Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

Just passed six inches. Update on that "dry slot"... It has been snowing moderately the whole time despite no radar return whatsoever. Weird. 

Precip is under minimum scan height of radar. Might be able to pick it up from ctp, lwx, dix, or dox.

Lancaster county is in a bit of a radar dark spot. I believe lowest height we can see is 6k or so (don’t quote me on that number).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mshaffer526 said:

Just passed six inches. Update on that "dry slot"... It has been snowing moderately the whole time despite no radar return whatsoever. Weird. 

Yep. Snowing nicely here with very light radar returns. Keep us posted over in your area since our precip is coming from your direction. 

1 minute ago, NeffsvilleWx said:

Precip is under minimum scan height of radar. Might be able to pick it up from ctp, lwx, dix, or dox.

Lancaster county is in a bit of a radar dark spot. I believe lowest height we can see is 6k or so (don’t quote me on that number).

That's good to know! Thank you. 

Back at 6:00pm in Carlisle I had moderate to occasionally heavy snow.  During the past hour I picked up another 0.6".  That gives me a daily total of 4.8" and a storm total of 8.5".  Temp not going anywhere and is 29.5 degrees.  I might just make it to breaking my December storm.  I need only 1.9" more to reach 10.4".

3 hours ago, dj88 said:

Hit a foot in Elysburg

I'll have to give the parents in Danville a call. Wow, that makes two storms of 1 foot plus for you guys this season. I am STILL waiting to get a synoptic storm that drops more than 5 inches up here this season. Calling for 6 to 12 for tomorrow, so we shall see...