Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Here's what I mentioned in the MA Forum not too long ago

I think a genera; 3-6" is likely with a max of 9" possible out by Hanover to @Cashtown_Coop area if things break right. A nice day out there. 

Well that’s good news.  My next board clean is 5p and I’ll have a updated total.   I need to catch up to bubbler 

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

14 inches and counting...

Probably getting the heaviest snow of the storm so far, and if future radar is correct, that band from the Poconos down through Reading should back into here soon.

This is going to be a deep one...about 14" now and it definitely is picking up again here in NEPA...heaviest of the day and we have a long way to go...wow!

I've had 1.2" today since I cleared my one board at 9am this morning for a running total of 5.9" so far... in the 33 hrs since this started. Brutal. This has been such a slow event here that my non cleared board is about 5.7" (very little extra compaction).

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I've had 1.2" today since I cleared my one board at 9am this morning for a running total of 5.9" so far... in the 33 hrs since this started. Brutal. This has been such a slow event here that my non cleared board is about 5.7" (very little extra compaction).

yea today has been brutal for me as well... sitting watching the snow line 30 miles east of me All day.  Hope to get into the action later as the models are showing...but I'm starting to have my doubts.  Pumped for everyone else getting in on the action!

Here in Carlisle at 5:00pm it is currently snowing moderately.  Much of the previous hour had only light snow.  It has just increased to moderate over the past 15 minutes.  New snowfall during the past hour measures 0.2".  That gives me 4.2" for my daily total and a storm total of 7.9".  I just realized that my daily total was missing 0.3" from before I cleared the board this morning.  The storm total is and has been correct.  Current temp is 29.1 degrees.

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Here comes the dry slot. Dang it. So nice outside. 

This evening looks quite variable - bands are both blowing up and diminishing around us. There are new bands already forming and rotating back towards us. Set your bar for a couple of inches slowly adding up tonight and you won't be disappointed. It's not going to be like the past several hours. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I haven't measured in a few hours, but my daughter just came in from clearing off her car. She took a ruler out and measured an average of 10-11" in 3 locations. 

I know, not official, but that's good enough for me from her. :)

I measure around 10" so she is pretty good. LOL

• Like 1