• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

So who's going to go into the Mid-Atlantic forum and say how destroyed we are all getting?  HAHAHAHA  I find it amusing that people in the Catoctins are posting about their 13, 14 inch totals and everyone is fine with that.  But if someone just over the border were to post an observation that would just be the work of satan!

• Haha 1

Just now, anotherman said:

So who's going to go into the Mid-Atlantic forum and say how destroyed we are all getting?  HAHAHAHA  I find it amusing that people in the Catoctins are posting about their 13, 14 inch totals and everyone is fine with that.  But if someone just over the border were to post an observation that would just be the work of satan!

I have done it several time's today though I am listing my other place in Pen Mar, Md as an alternate location.   I am at 16.5" now.  Lightened up quite a bit. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Not me. I went down and defended you the other night in the banter thread.

They have a LOT of great posters - both fun and knowledgeable. They get VERY upset when others come into their house, which if people are trolling, I get. A lot of times it's people that aren't trolling that still get blasted (like you the other night) that bothers me, but that thread is a great source of information and entertainment. 

At 4:00pm here in Carlisle it is snowing light to moderately.  The majority of this previous hour had heavy snow.  I picked up an additional 1.1" of new snow giving me a daily total of 3.7" and a storm total of 7.7".  Looks like I'll definitely reach 8".  I was hoping to at least tie my December storm of 10.3".  We'll see what happens.  If it keeps snowing throughout the night maybe I can pick up another 2.6".  Congrats to all the double-digit winners out there both north and south!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

They have a LOT of great posters - both fun and knowledgeable. They get VERY upset when others come into their house, which if people are trolling, I get. A lot of times it's people that aren't trolling that still get blasted (like you the other night) that bothers me, but that thread is a great source of information and entertainment. 

Years ago I got suspended for discussing a future event's impact on the state of Maryland, because I work there. But since I don't live there, I don't have any skin in the game or something. Good riddance.

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lol it’s funny you guys go to mid Atlantic thread to read, I occasionally go to upstate ny one because their kinda rooting for same things since relatively closer to them in some senses geographically.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah, I still go there, it's good info. and entertaining.  Just seems like most intelligent people would understand why someone like me, or you, would be there contributing.  Now, if you go there to gloat then you deserve their wrath.

2 minutes ago, AllWeather said:

Closing in on a foot in Manheim, Lanc Co. 

and still puking, meteorologically speaking. 

That's insane.  I am 20 miles ESE of you and I don't have half that.  Also just had a dry slot move west into this area that unfortunately looks like it's going to last a while.  

5 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

That's insane.  I am 20 miles ESE of you and I don't have half that.  Also just had a dry slot move west into this area that unfortunately looks like it's going to last a while.  

2 minutes ago, NeffsvilleWx said:

I've been keeping an eye on that for the past hour or so.

I just saw that - where did that come from? Ugh...we need a pivot...

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We need an updated assessment from @MillvilleWx. He knows our area well. 

Here's what I mentioned in the MA Forum not too long ago

30 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Considering the current radar, orographic orientation of the area, 85H and 7H moisture layer, and weak ascent due to 850-700mb frontogen, this is the area I’d say is in good shape for 2-4” additional inches minimum, mainly on the southern edge. 4-8” is possible across the northern tier, especially north-central and northwest Carroll, northern Frederick county, and northern Washington County.

299ac8ae0e51d0b071dac1ece34316be.jpg

I think a genera; 3-6" is likely with a max of 9" possible out by Hanover to @Cashtown_Coop area if things break right. A nice day out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1