• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

Just measured 11 inches here. Now it's time to take a GoPro walk and see what the rest of the town looks like. Just about every road in and out of town is closed on the hills. PA 309 in and out from Hometown and West Penn PA309 on the Blue Mountain, PA443 in from Hamburg/New Ringgold, US209 from the east, etc.

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Just measured 11 inches here. Now it's time to take a GoPro walk and see what the rest of the town looks like. Just about every road in and out of town is closed on the hills. PA 309 in and out from Hometown and West Penn PA309 on the Blue Mountain, PA443 in from Hamburg/New Ringgold, US209 from the east, etc.

Enjoy Steve!

Persistent heavy snowfall will continue through late afternoon across the Lower Susquehanna Valley and the south-central mountains. Widespread hourly snowfall rates of 1-2 inches can be anticipated, with locally up to 3 inches per hour possible. Travel will be very difficult for the evening commute, with poor visibilities of less than a half-mile, and snow covered roads. This includes the Pennsylvania Turnpike, along with portions of Interstates 78, 81, and 83.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, I have a bit over 6" on the ground, but was at 7.8" storm total about 15 minutes ago. 

We definitely had compaction due to dry slotting and several hours of pingers. If we can pull a few more inches today and over night our pack should b able to survive late week warmup before we get back into more chances as snow. That’s my hopes anyway. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yep...I can report just north of 12" here now on the Schuylkill/Luzerne border.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

For AFTER this storm wraps up tomorrow. I just looked at the model guidance out beyond today and figured I'd get this rolling for discussion.. cuz there's going to be plenty to talk about after this storm's over. 

Whaaaaat.....there’s more??

Awesome!!

thx

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

They are under one the great bands that last for hours, hope it would rotate west but I doubt it. 

I think central and eastern Lanco getting some scraps from that and it's not too shabby.  I'm back to under 1/2 mile at the moment.