Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well, Horst is getting excited about the remainder of the day. Says that conditions will rapidly deteriorate this afternoon and told people to think about heading home from work now. 

Tweet - "Coming up on Noontime, and the 3rd Act is beginning! There's still a bit of warm air aloft (causing sleet), but this layer will cool as heavier precip develops the next few hours. Travel conditions will deteriorate quickly this afternoon, so it would be prudent to get home soon!"

5 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

After a lull for almost 3 hours here in west York, it is...sleeting again! Ugh this is so frustrating. 

I’m a few miles away in east York and it’s the exact same pattern here. Little to nothing all morning and now sleet. 

Up to 5.5" after some half decent steady snow for an hour or two. Pretty light right now (looks like a bit of a subsidence zone overhead attm) and there was some partial sun through the clouds not too long ago. Just no consistent good rates with this event here up to this point.  

Just now, canderson said:

That flip from sleet to snow was WEIRD. It was like a layer of sleet came down then a layer of snow. It's ripping pretty good here - moderate snow at least. Sauss gonna have to shovel again soon lol 

Still waiting for something to show up here.  I've had very minor occasional sleet with a few snow flakes mixed in.  I've had a total of a dusting since 9:00am.  Storm total remains 4.1".