Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Snowing pretty decently currently, likely some of the best rates of the storm. Wind kicking up too.

I think that may be taking people surprise. A couple of friends of mine back near Huntingdon were saying about how it barely snowed at all yesterday and overnight but it's snowing pretty good this morning. 

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

I think that may be taking people surprise. A couple of friends of mine back near Huntingdon were saying about how it barely snowed at all yesterday and overnight but it's snowing pretty good this morning. 

Yea it was definitely slow going haha. By the time I fell asleep late last night I had 2.5" to show for 15 hrs of mostly light snow. There looks like a pretty good batch of heavier precip on radar heading for southern Huntingdon County south of 22. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has 18 on one side of the Susky and 8 on the other in the LSV.  Not this precise of course but you get the point.   This is from 7AM today. 

I think there will be a local max running down south mt from Carlisle to you.   We have the upslope plus the western band that models struggle with 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Jesus, the firehose coming off the Atlantic into NYC is insane. Radar is jaw-dropping, the heaviest is just offshore and their are reports of visibilities already down to less than a 1/8 mile. Islip will verify Blizzard criteria on their next hourly ob. 

NYC Special. Just take a look at some webcams of that snow coming down. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Jesus, the firehose coming off the Atlantic into NYC is insane. Radar is jaw-dropping, the heaviest is just offshore and their are reports of visibilities already down to less than a 1/8 mile. Islip will verify Blizzard criteria on their next hourly ob. 

Central Park likely verifies blizzard conditions today too. NYC is gonna see close to 3' I think. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Central Park likely verifies blizzard conditions today too. NYC is gonna see close to 3' I think. 

They may mix for a time in the city, northern Jersey though? Yea more than likely. 

We're not going to get the direct enhanced forcing death band they're getting but this is eventually going to translate into PA in the form of enhancing the deform precip already over PA and perhaps a less intense (but still heavy) embedded band extending into the eastern half of PA somewhere. Personally not ruling out this setting up even further northwest (ala December storm) either.  Near term guidance is eventually going to see it and get better placement on it later this afternoon, I dunno how much stock I'd put in the globals at this stage in the game trying to place meso features like this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

They may mix for a time in the city, northern Jersey though? Yea more than likely. 

We're not going to get the direct enhanced forcing death band they're getting but this is eventually going to translate into PA in the form of enhancing the deform precip already over PA and perhaps a less intense (but still heavy) embedded band extending into the eastern half of PA somewhere. Personally not ruling out this setting up even further northwest (ala December storm) either.  Near term guidance is eventually going to see it and get better placement on it later this afternoon, I dunno how much stock I'd put in the globals at this stage in the game trying to place meso features like this. 

Yes, the GFS is showing that my house will get as much precip from here on out as NYC. Not sure that is accurate. 

• Like 1