Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

12 minutes ago, paweather said:

Very true. I been doing this hobby forever and for me i should have known better. 

I think most of us hobbyists fall victim to going all in on the big totals the models depict, then turning into Negative Nancy's when they back off or we see a bad run. It's part of the game. Of course knowledgeable mets can tone it down or shut it off.

Bottom line, it's normal, and there is no need to apologize for it...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

I think most of us hobbyists fall victim to going all in on the big totals the models depict, then turning into Negative Nancy's when they back off or we see a bad run. It's part of the game. Of course knowledgeable mets can tone it down or shut it off.

Bottom line, it's normal, and there is no need to apologize for it...

SNOW IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, MISTER!!!! 

:) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

At 10:00am in Carlisle it has stopped snowing and nothing is falling from the sky.  I picked up an additional 0.1" of snow over the past hour giving the daily total of 0.4" and storm total of 4.1"  Temp 25.9 degrees.

Maybe the Susquehanna river is truly the cut off lol. Its dumping here. Best snow of this event imo 

@djr5001 i see you lurking. Is it dumping over home?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Maybe the Susquehanna river is truly the cut off lol. Its dumping here. Best snow of this event imo 

@djr5001 i see you lurking. Is it dumping over home?

It at least flipped back to snow - but have been on the edge of this so far so not dumping but more moderate here

• Like 1

7.5" here so far....had a short period of Frz it appears.  No major sleet accums though.  I think the redevelopment of the stalled low continues to play havoc with models in the next 24 hours.  The models not throwing big snow deep into Pa are apparently showing the low of the NJ coast weakening and winding down as a result.   Nam delays the transfer until Tuesday evening.  Icon starts it before sun up tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

haha...join the club.  huge snow hole between me and you at the moment.  the good stuff if just southwest of me and will miss me to my west.

i just shoveled another inch of sleet/snow mix here at work in Harrisburg. By the time i got 30 feet, walk is already covered.

Just now, sauss06 said:

i just shoveled another inch of sleet/snow mix here at work in Harrisburg. By the time i got 30 feet, walk is already covered.

Just spoke to one of my weather buddies back up in northeast NJ (Bergen County).  He's getting near whiteout conditions right now as the moisture pumps in off the ocean.  They're expecting 24"+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wanna pop over to my house? If you see the new courthouse being built, I'm pretty close ... 

i'm good thanks :D

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Just spoke to one of my weather buddies back up in northeast NJ (Bergen County).  He's getting near whiteout conditions right now as the moisture pumps in off the ocean.  They're expecting 24"+.

wouldn't that be nice

I just looked, we flipped back to all sleet.