Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

44 minutes ago, canderson said:

Methinks your flight gets cancelled. 

It might. Even the delay wiped me out of my Chicago connection, and who knows how flights nationwide will be affected. It's like a domino effect once the cancellations and delays get more frequent.

The snow stopped for the moment, but it's probably going to be intermittent at first.

10 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

I would not it seems most models have trended this way. I think now Tom Russel map was right. Big lean East and north with the heaviest. Kind of unreal two for two this year showing big amounts then as the storm is starting fades. Still happy with what we get but think more in the 4 to 8 range around Harrisburg, Lancaster, York .

No models except for the trash NAM are showing this....the storm is just starting.

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The “shift”, if it is even reality on some models takes the heaviest snow to the east, BUT.... the Susquehanna Valley & points west STILL get near a foot of snow or more.

Most of us in here are NOT near Pittsburgh!!!!

Here are the 12z RGEM &

ICON( only available in 10-1 ratio)

9A102265-B869-4369-8C67-30BD938518AB.png

C54C72F4-DE6E-49F5-A9A3-2CA601890E6E.png

I certainly get that, but 10 inches over 36 hours is a lot different than 10 inches over a 12-18 hour period like most storms we get. That is my point....that the final totals look ok but you are going to have issues with accumulations if you have such low rates for a long duration of the storm.

• Like 2

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Don’t they have a Pittsburgh thread on here?

Asking for a friend....

I mean, we do but it is fairly quiet compared to this one and we are kind of stuck in geographical no man's land.

I'm not trying to be a PIA, but just pointing out the issues with this system.

Just now, KPITSnow said:

In any case, we will see how it plays out. You guys are in a much better position than those of us in WPA.

It's all good, Miller B's are Miller B's nothing is set in stone until real time plays out. It just depends on how long the "tuck" of the low stays in place for us. Like the GFS it pulls out after 30. It will be interesting on the CMC and EURO to see if they will change. 

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z GFS followed the same theme and has jackpot in eastern PA, BUT, most of the Susquehanna Valley STILL ends up with over 16 inches of snow this run.

66A07241-80CD-4274-87AD-E22A760A8587.png

it smooths out the low area below bubbler and I.  12"+ 20 miles south of mason dixon basiclly the whole state east of Garrett

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm just saying, if this one fizzles out, it's gonna be hard to believe the guidance for the remainder of the season unless there's some massive change in the set up or we're being shown a triple phaser or something.

I think we all got jacked up by last night’s  good runs but in back of my mind I knew we were still 24 hrs from the main show. 
Nit too worried and am stickin w my 10-14 I went with at bed time last evening. 
I’ll go down w the ship. Nbd. It’s snowing.

I'm going to say this right now. Storm or no storm, I will win any flame war for this subforum, a subforum that I have been a part of for ten years. And I'll burn this entire place down in my wake. 

If you're coming from PGH or MA for any untoward bullshit, you can **** off and all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2