Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

27 minutes ago, AU74 said:

Got up and was surprised to see eastern MoCo under a nice band of moderate snow that looks to have put around an inch of new snow down so far.

Yeah this is really cool. Turned this storm from a mild underperformer into something a bit more memorable considering we started this event about two days ago now. Simply amazing. 

Not impossible to inch closer to six if this band can hold for a while. Gonna get some sleep and see what tomorrow brings as this thing wrings itself out before pulling away. 

From Mount Holly-

Generally expect precipitation to mostly come in the form of light snow, potentially showery in nature, with snowfall intensities limited by both the weak sources of ascent and the increasingly long and continental trajectories of low-lvl parcels (due to the backing of the flow). That being said would not be surprised to see a decent amount of locations "nickle and dime" themselves another 1-2 inches of accumulation when all is said and done today as duration partially makes up for the weak intensities. At the very least the light snow and breezy NNW winds should maintain the wintry ambiance which will be appreciated by snow lovers.

Yes, we do like this sort of thing.

• Like 3

Some pretty windy snow out there. Not the heaviest I've seen but enough that it could accumulate another inch or so if it stuck around long enough.

Though I didn't get the gaudy totals I was hoping for around here, I'm very pleased with the longevity of the snow. Really feels nice to look out the window multiple days in a row and see flakes. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic