Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Trying to keep my hopes in check and setting them at a bar that might be reachable. Even just going from the Eddie's on Charles back down Charles two miles to my house near Friends the flakes went from "wow, this is happening" to the more snow misty kind. I love the chances for anyone 695 and north to get there. I am about three miles inside 695 - we will see. Glad to see snow falling again in any event. 

I live just inside 695 near the end of Charles Street - definitely moving in and out of the "moderate" bands. I work at JHU Homewood and, in marginal events,  have often been pleasantly surprised when leaving down there and heading up Charles Street. Just that little bit of altitude can be wet pavement down there and white roads up here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

How long does it last for? 11.50 minutes?

A couple hours. I don't think we are going to see widespread snow here. Probably a few periods of snow showers, and hopefully we get lucky and get a heavier burst. Sticking with what I said this morning. Maybe an inch or so.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Lol. This is seriously getting on my nerves. I'm not getting another 5" in Germantown. I'm at 2".

I have no idea how the models can be so bad. This model told me 18 hours from the event that I'd be getting 11" of snow. Throughout the event, it has continued to say "Oh don't worry, you're still gonna get 8 more. 6 more. 5 more."

That it can be so wrong, even NOW, mid event, after all that's happened so far... it just blows my mind.

Give me 2". Let me beat my December snow. Let me meet my minimum threshold for Capital Weather Gang's "bust" range (which I still haven't met yet, I'm only at 2" and they said it would be a bust at 4").

I LOL when I saw that Euro map with 5" for Germantown.  I bet we don't see 5 cm.  My prediction is just some snow TV with no accumulation.

Never get excited ahead of time unless we have a Miller A low coming out of the Gulf and up the coast with arctic high in the perfect position.  

• Haha 1

Looks like snow banding is coming down from northern areas and will reach us and might combine with another band and then might push down to where I am. Also snow starting to lighten after 3ish hours of good snow coming down around another half inch to inch over those hours but the next part might be even better.

3 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Looks like snow banding is coming down from northern areas and will reach us and might combine with another band and then might push down to where I am. Also snow starting to lighten after 3ish hours of good snow coming down around another half inch to inch over those hours but the next part might be even better.

I'm 58% sure it will erode as it presses down into DC. The valleys here have such terrible left. Hopefully the decent room for error I've left wins the day though. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic