Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

God, it's annoying.  I'd take sleet!  No more tiny little droplets of precipitation!  

Either way, radar seems WAY more spotty than any model predicted for 18z today.  

ive been under bands all morning, just stupid wasted sleet instead. maybe if the stuff rotates out of PA the column will finally cool? wishful thinking.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm going to pretend that the cold is wrapping in faster than the precip so that by the time I get into heavier bands, it's all snow here.

NW...have you been getting anything this morning?  Basically nothing falling near the racetrack for the past 2-3 hours.

At this point, I'll take light bands, Raybands, silly bands, bandstands, anything.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

God, it's annoying.  I'd take sleet!  No more tiny little droplets of precipitation!  

Either way, radar seems WAY more spotty than any model predicted for 18z today.  

I'm not so sure. It showed that it would take a good amount of time for this thing to really wind up. Let's see what happens as it does.

1 minute ago, Hokiehop said:

NW...have you been getting anything this morning?  Basically nothing falling near the racetrack for the past 2-3 hours.

At this point, I'll take light bands, Raybands, silly bands, bandstands, anything.

Not NW, but just down Northern from you and across 83, nothing but light freezing rain so far today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think the Blue Ridge is what saved us from flipping in all honesty. 

I'm on the Blue Ridge directly east of you, and yes -- never changed over to sleet or FZR here, it's been alternating between mod/heavy and light needles since around 9AM. Currently mod SN, around 8 inches storm total so far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hokiehop said:

I hear the occasional sleet burst but they've few and far between.  Mostly just freezing drizzle or very light ice pellets.  I don't have anything accumulating on branches but the snow is super-crusty.

9 minutes ago, T. August said:

Where are you? I’m at 400’ in northern Harford right now and it’s all sleet and there hasn’t been a flake since last night. Those yellows and even greens are 100% IP.

Cecil County right by Port deposit/Rising sun. It's coming your way. All snow maybe a isolated pinger. Completely wrong about it being IP big flakes.

https://strmr3.sha.maryland.gov/rtplive/d4ffb40500a300ab0050fa36c4235c0a/playlist.m3u8

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

ive been under bands all morning, just stupid wasted sleet instead. maybe if the stuff rotates out of PA the column will finally cool? wishful thinking.

No that actually makes perfect sense. And it’s true. You can see on radar the trajectory pivot and I am mixing with huge flakes now as soon as the banding started to pivot from PA. The moisture feed we’re seeing is being driven by the h7 low and my suspicion is the nasty warm layer that is obviously above 850 is being prevented from mixing by that easterly flow at 700 mb. As that pivots out of the north you will flip quick imo. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic