Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

4 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Sleetfest in Germantown, pretty significant amounts. 

So look... the snow totals in this storm, for me at least, suck. Like, I was excited for the Euro models, but then I was like "at least I'll be happy if I break double digits", then the CWG/LWX forecasts came out, and I revised to "at least I'll be happy if I break 6"". Now I'm still sitting at 2" which is under even the "bust" range for CWG.

BUT. One thing I do like about this event is the non-stop winter precip for 2-3 days in a row. It keeps the winter storm feeling going for a long time. That's nice. It looks like a beautiful mess outside :)

Good thoughts.  I'm over it now but I was checking out the cells in the Panic Room yesterday and WxWatcher had his sickle ready to go.  I mean even the 10% low end amount for NWS was about 4" for me and I got 2".  But like you said it's a long duration winter weather event and that's cool.

Still sleet here and 29 degrees.  Just imagine being under these echoes NE of Philly:

image.png.7026532f03ca27140c718610ad0f2c18.png

• Like 1

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

Good thoughts.  I'm over it now but I was checking out the cells in the Panic Room yesterday and WxWatcher had his sickle ready to go.  I mean even the 10% low end amount for NWS was about 4" for me and I got 2".  But like you said it's a long duration winter weather event and that's cool.

Still sleet here and 29 degrees.  Just imagine being under these echoes NE of Philly:

image.png.7026532f03ca27140c718610ad0f2c18.png

My folks are under a similar band just outside NY. 2.25” in the last hour 

Just now, AACOUNTYMD said:

freezing rain    more than a little. .   spent the morning saving some of my bushes and small trees around the yard by wacking the ice off with an old long pole.

REALLY hoping that we flip to snow. . .

Definitely need more consistent precip out that way to complete the changeover. It’ll come this afternoon 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic